PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else forget themselves?

grindal
21-07-2009, 12:13 PM
I don't actually mean physically, but this morning I was trying to get DS1, 2 and mindee out the house (while DH who is on hols from school was cluttering up the house and routine). I changed mindee and DS2, got DS1 to go to the toilet and put pants and trousers back on (he is only 3!). Made drinks for them all, got a box of snacks, found all the library books and DVDs and the summer reading scheme cards and sticker packs and library cards. Got rain hood for pushchair, rain coat for DS1, fleeces for DS2 and mindee, sun tan lotion and sun hats. When we finally left the house I realised I needed the loo. When we all sat down for a drink I realised I did not have a drink, when we got to the library I realised I did not have my library card, and then when we came out the library and it was raining i realised I did not have my coat :angry:
I think I need to remember myself :eek:

LOOPYLISA
21-07-2009, 12:15 PM
My hubby is home at the moment(had a motorbike accident), i love him being at home but my routine has gone to pot :rolleyes:

grindal
21-07-2009, 12:18 PM
My hubby is home at the moment(had a motorbike accident), i love him being at home but my routine has gone to pot :rolleyes:

Mine just makes so much mess! He got the boys up this morning so I could have a bit of a lie in. Mindee arrives at 8am, so I came down at 7.30 to discover 2 little boys who had not had breakfast or got dressed, sitting in the front room with just about every toy we own across the floor. DH was asleep on the sofa in the dining room and he said - you did not ask me to do that :panic:

Tatjana
21-07-2009, 01:41 PM
:thumbsup:
Mine just makes so much mess! He got the boys up this morning so I could have a bit of a lie in. Mindee arrives at 8am, so I came down at 7.30 to discover 2 little boys who had not had breakfast or got dressed, sitting in the front room with just about every toy we own across the floor. DH was asleep on the sofa in the dining room and he said - you did not ask me to do that :panic:

Oh no, not worth the mini lie in eh?!

Yes, do try and remember yourself :thumbsup:

xx

RedDragon
21-07-2009, 02:09 PM
No, don't usually forget myself - a General cannot lead an army with an empty stomach, a full bladder or an unwet whistle.

:p

nannymcflea
21-07-2009, 03:53 PM
No, don't usually forget myself - a General cannot lead an army with an empty stomach, a full bladder or an unwet whistle.

:laughing: like it.

Yes it has been known for me to run back in and grab something that i've forgotton...usually for me, such as a coat, so you are not alone...never forget my food though!:D

Daftbat
21-07-2009, 04:22 PM
This really does sound like me!!!!!! I sometimes realise at 3 o'clock that i haven't had lunch:eek:

PixiePetal
21-07-2009, 04:54 PM
I often have to go back indoors for my phone as I put it on table the rest of the day incase parents need me.

Otherwise I am usually prepared :thumbsup:

sarah707
21-07-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm not too bad but I usually forget my drink or food ...

Got to the shop without money before now as well :o

Always remember my coat though! :D

mushpea
21-07-2009, 05:49 PM
yep i did it today,, got the children to choose their picnic food, packed it up and their drinks then realised at the last moment i hadnt packed my food then at picnic time realised i had no drink

Twinkles
21-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I do it all the time :blush: I'm so busy making sure the children have all they need I usually forget my coat/drink/lunch or to go to the loo :rolleyes:

FizzysFriends
21-07-2009, 06:21 PM
I forgot my coat today and it was raining and I used to forget drink for me as I drink different to the LO's

grindal
21-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Well, I am glad I am not the only one - some of you are clearly far more practised at this than me :blush:

beckyteddy
21-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Yup, I definately forget myself too! Coat, drink, socks, snack, sun cream, money for a cuppa, etc. etc. You are not alone grindal!!

sweets
21-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Yup, I definately forget myself too! Coat, drink, socks, snack, sun cream, money for a cuppa, etc. etc. You are not alone grindal!!

Me too! my stuff is always last on the list:(

beckyteddy
21-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Just remebered a classic from last week................I got into the car ready to drive to nursery with 3 little people in the back all kitted out for every weather eventuality possible and then realised I still had a towel turban on my head from when I had washed my hair before the mindees had arrived that morning!! Imagine the looks I'd had got if I hadn't realised and took it off pronto!!:blush:

sweets
21-07-2009, 09:10 PM
:ROFL1:
Just remebered a classic from last week................I got into the car ready to drive to nursery with 3 little people in the back all kitted out for every weather eventuality possible and then realised I still had a towel turban on my head from when I had washed my hair before the mindees had arrived that morning!! Imagine the looks I'd had got if I hadn't realised and took it off pronto!!:blush:

:ROFL1: :magnificent: :ROFL1: Did the mindees not tell you?

her8y
21-07-2009, 09:19 PM

Usually forget myself but I now have a new mantra (as above):D :D Thanks Red Dragon

beckyteddy
21-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Did the mindees not tell you?

No! They didn't tell me.....the little rat bags!! And neither did my husband who was in the car too!!

ZoeAlli
21-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Normally not too bad! however if something interupts me when getting sorted, it is normally things for me that I forget! Have gone to school in my slippers before!!!