PDA

View Full Version : Used my new triple pushchair today

Jen4Kids
20-07-2009, 08:06 PM
and i couldnt get it up the curb or into my house :blush:

Ive got an Easylife triple and had a 2 and 3yr old in the main seats and a 1yr old in the front seat - thankfully i had put it outside to load it up if not getting out of the house would of been a job. Luckily everywhere near me has dropped curbs so i could get around quite easily but i didnt remember the threshold into the porch :blush:

I must of looked a right wally hanging off the handle, feet dangling with the buggy going nowhere :laughing:

PixiePetal
20-07-2009, 08:08 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sure you will get the hang of it :D Could the 3 year old walk a bit?

sweets
20-07-2009, 08:10 PM
ive never pushed a triple, i have enough trouble with doubles ! lol. as it is i have to pull them up kerbs backwards,always feel a right fool:laughing:

TheBTeam
20-07-2009, 08:11 PM
and i couldnt get it up the curb or into my house :blush:

Ive got an Easylife triple and had a 2 and 3yr old in the main seats and a 1yr old in the front seat - thankfully i had put it outside to load it up if not getting out of the house would of been a job. Luckily everywhere near me has dropped curbs so i could get around quite easily but i didnt remember the threshold into the porch :blush:

I must of looked a right wally hanging off the handle, feet dangling with the buggy going nowhere :laughing:

Think this is the same as mine, I have found the knack is to put one foot on the metal back bar and lean back arms fairly straight to pull it back towards yourself, this is how i get up the high curb into our school back gate, it helps if you are over about 5ft5 as you need to be fairly tall, my shorter friend struggled getting the right angle to tilt it back, but you def need a foot on the bar,

HTH I love my pushchair and have managed the above using two of the toddler seats, so all four used.

Daftbat
20-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Yes you definitely need to use your foot as a pivot at the base of the pushchair near the wheels - works fine then.

balloon
20-07-2009, 08:25 PM
When you get close to the curb start pulling the handle down towards the ground, the momentum helps. Failing that as BT says put your foot on the back axle (or at the base of a back wheel) and pull the handle towards you and down - it's a knack that will come naturally after a while. I'd also recommend using it with only two kiddies in if you get the chance, that way you get used to handing it without the added weight.

Jen4Kids
21-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the advice ladies - it nearly went back on Ebay yesterday lol

The 3yr old is my youngest dd and has lost the ability to walk since i started minding :p , this is the easiest option without dragging her along by her elbow :blush: not that ive ever done that haha

Will be using it again tomorrow so will give the 'foot on the back' a try - im only 5ft 2in so a bit vertically challenged :laughing:

singlewiththree
21-07-2009, 01:04 PM
The 3yr old is my youngest dd and has lost the ability to walk since i started minding :p , this is the easiest option without dragging her along by her elbow :blush: not that ive ever done that haha

I'm glad its not just my DD who has developed this phobia! She is 3 in Aug and is going preschool every morning but the double will be full so I've had to buy a Jan Powertwin so I can attach a buggy board so she can have a ride home! The other cm think I'm soft but its different with your own.

balloon
22-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the advice ladies - it nearly went back on Ebay yesterday lol

Will be using it again tomorrow so will give the 'foot on the back' a try - im only 5ft 2in so a bit vertically challenged :laughing:

How did it go? Any more success or is it going back?

Tatjana
22-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Sounds like a good workout! I remember my double buggy being hard work, can't imagine a triple!

xx

Jen4Kids
22-07-2009, 07:52 PM
*update*

I used it twice today with my 3yr old and 2yr and 3yr old mindees - they went in different places on both trips and it was a success :clapping: :clapping:

I managed to put my foot on the rear axle and pull it backwards, then it went up the curb :thumbsup:

It even fitted in the post office door and the local supermarket was a doddle :clapping: just need to see if it fits in the charity shop doorway

Need to fix a rain cover to the front seat and ill be sorted :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
22-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Well done!!

:clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

jibberjitz
22-07-2009, 08:08 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

balloon
22-07-2009, 08:11 PM
YAY! well done !