PDA

View Full Version : six month old girl

estrelas
20-07-2009, 07:03 PM
The parent is coming tomorrow but i think she will want me as we chatted for agggggeeeeessss on the phone, and she lives one street away !!

Problem is.... (i know this sounds bad) but i'm not sure i know that much about little ones and as all mine are two plus i decided early on just to stay with this age group, I know we are meant to be inclusive etc but i'm a tad scared:blush: :blush:

I can't even remember what they do at 6 months!! Mines 5 now and it seems forever ago since she was crawling and chewing everything

I am really not sure what to do!!
Any advice? would it effect the older ones? as we are quite active out and about alot? how do you combine all the ages?

I find the two year old gets on with anything i do with the 5 year olds, how much would I need to change things?

Alibali
20-07-2009, 07:14 PM
You'll be fine, it'll all come flooding back to you:) My lot are all 3 plus now and it's been ages since they were babies, but I had one of the siblings start last week, he's 8 months and I didn't even remember how to hold one that age!!! A few days in and you'd think I'd had him for ever.

Go for it, it's lovely to have a little one again.

Tatjana
20-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I've thought about this as well, but i'm sure as the pp said it'll come back to you and i bet you'll enjoy looking after a baby again.

Good luck!

xx

loocyloo
20-07-2009, 08:06 PM
i had a 9mth old start today! my next youngest is almost 2 and i quickly remembered what it is like!

she ate a catalogue, and some grass in the garden ... luckily she didn't get as far as the cat food !!!;)

its great fun! go for it!

xxx

sarah707
20-07-2009, 08:25 PM
I've just started a 6 month old and a 9 month old... different days.

It's hard work but I can already see them growing up so quickly.

It all comes flooding back to you and a buggy is useful when shopping :D

rachelle
20-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Ive got a 6 month old - he rolls onto tummy, reaches for toys, is sitting up with increasing control and beginning to feed himself finger food... I talked to mum about room to kick and roll and texture toys etc etc...

I'm really loving having him - good luck :D

angiemog
21-07-2009, 07:14 AM
I had as little 10 month old, I know a little older than a 6 months but she has just turned one just started walking she and now wants to do whatever the 4year old is doing! So within a few months they change so much. I now I plan the same activities and encourage them to play together but some on a slightly different scale. I'm lucky though my 4 year old loves to play with her.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Just go with it and you will be fine - you will remember everything you need to.