PDA

View Full Version : activities for 14 and 12 year old???

chewy sweets
20-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Am waiting on someone getting back to me to care for their 2 children after school until abut 7pm. Was wondering what sort of activities you'd do with a 14 and 12 year old with slight learning difficulties.
Any ideas would be great!!!:clapping:

chewy sweets
20-07-2009, 05:14 PM
any ideas????????

PixiePetal
20-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I would ask them what sort of things they like to do. Can they help prepare a meal if they are eating with you? craft activities, baking ?

singlewiththree
20-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Do they have computer access? That sort of things seems to keep them amused, perhaps plaster of paris models, papier mache, mod roc?

sarah707
20-07-2009, 08:21 PM
I would imagine they will come attached to some kind of thumb device...

That plus homework help if they need it, a quiet place to chill and being left alone will be high on their agendas I imagine.

My 12 year old enjoys puzzle books, computer time, magazines, card games (I taught her rummy) and watching the TV.

I've had a few older ones over the years and I have 2 teens myself. The most important I find is not to organise their time or overwhelm them with offers to do much - they are probably tired and just want to chill :D

Rubybubbles
20-07-2009, 08:27 PM
I would imagine they will come attached to some kind of thumb device...
That plus homework help if they need it, a quiet place to chill and being left alone will be high on their agendas I imagine.

My 12 year old enjoys puzzle books, computer time, magazines, card games (I taught her rummy) and watching the TV.

I've had a few older ones over the years and I have 2 teens myself. The most important I find is not to organise their time or overwhelm them with offers to do much - they are probably tired and just want to chill :D

if your nice enough to let them bring it:panic: not me!

Agree ask them what they like, and work from there