PDA

View Full Version : help!! my foreign student has swine flu!!

newandlearning
20-07-2009, 02:25 PM
:panic: :panic: .. she's been given 3 out of 10 symptoms .. and is now in bed..
I have no idea what this means to me, my family and those who I'm childminding.. has anyone else had this experience..

what has happened for you?

Roseolivia
20-07-2009, 02:47 PM
I would wait until she's been diagnosed with swine flu and contact parents and maybe Ofsted for advice

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 02:57 PM
you can carry on childminding, especially if she is isolated and having anti-viral drugs.
You can give the parents the option to bring their children - if they choose not to use your service whilst you are open then as per your policy.

newandlearning
20-07-2009, 03:48 PM
oh I don't know .. think may have to close for the rest of the week..

student is not in contact with anyone.. but I don't want to put anyone
at risk.. I seriously out of pocket by doing this .. and don't know if I can
claim for loss of earnings..?? does anyone have any idea?

margimum
20-07-2009, 03:59 PM
No help, sorry. Think it's up to parents if they continue to bring children. You can charge them as per your contracts if they choose not to.

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 04:01 PM
oh I don't know .. think may have to close for the rest of the week..

student is not in contact with anyone.. but I don't want to put anyone
at risk.. I seriously out of pocket by doing this .. and don't know if I can
claim for loss of earnings..?? does anyone have any idea?

The advice is that we can still open - the same as the schools and other public areas.
Most people will be have already been in contact with it, many will get it - even if its just a mild dose.

If its going to affect you financially - they I would try to stay open for as long as you can.

newandlearning
20-07-2009, 06:06 PM
well .. hubby said he didn't want any of us to be put at risk in our own home..
so I asked school to move girl.. and as a result now both students have gone.

I'm still out to lunch now whether I should close or not.. have spoken to a doctor who said they really don't have an incubation period... I'm half thinking of
taking off two days of say and then start again.. or I give parents the option.. am still unsure which way to go.. what a caffuffel..

FizzysFriends
20-07-2009, 06:14 PM
well .. hubby said he didn't want any of us to be put at risk in our own home..
so I asked school to move girl.. and as a result now both students have gone.

I'm still out to lunch now whether I should close or not.. have spoken to a doctor who said they really don't have an incubation period... I'm half thinking of
taking off two days of say and then start again.. or I give parents the option.. am still unsure which way to go.. what a caffuffel..

How about having a deep clean of the rooms the mindees use to put your mind at rest? Get the Dettol out!

I would personally still open as they are just as likely to get it from play group/supermarket/park etc.