PDA

View Full Version : Mindees mum is pregnant

Lily Grace
20-07-2009, 01:50 PM
I now look after a little girl she is 3 1/2 3 days a week I have been advertising this part-time space for a year so was really happy to fill it. On the first day she was with me she told me her mummy had a baby in her tummy and I said ohh thats nice. Every day she tells me about this baby and this morning her mum told me she was pregnant. Then today a mum called about a vacancy from November so now I am thinking if mindees mum is pregnant she wont be needing me for very long do I ask her when she would be giving up work as I would need to fill the vacancy or is that a bit cheeky.

Bushpig
20-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I would casually mention 'X said you have a baby in your tummy!' ... keep it friendly and casual.. she might not want people to know yet due to past pregnancy probs or something.

The little one might have the wrong end of the stick anyhow... ;)

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
i would definatley ask her i dont think it is cheeky at all.

Just mention it in passing

aly
I would ask..you never know do you and you want to look after YOUR best interests.

RachelE
20-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I would just casually drop in into connversation if you dont want to come out with it directly.

Its not cheeky - its your business and income you need to think about.

Good luck!

jaja
20-07-2009, 02:17 PM
You could drop it into conversation and see what she says, she may still want you even though she is xxx

Daftbat
20-07-2009, 03:16 PM
I would ask about it if i were you.

The Juggler
20-07-2009, 03:43 PM
I would say, I know it's early days but have had an enquiry for November and wondered what your plans were, can we sit and have a chat. Even if she wants to come back to you with baby she might take a year off so you might not be able to hold place in any case.

Chimps Childminding
20-07-2009, 04:03 PM
I would say, I know it's early days but have had an enquiry for November and wondered what your plans were, can we sit and have a chat. Even if she wants to come back to you with baby she might take a year off so you might not be able to hold place in any case.

I agree, you need to know what you are doing, and if you turn this enquiry away, and then the mum gives you notice you will be really annoyed!

Lily Grace
20-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I think i will have a chat with mindees mum, she told me this morning that she was pregnant so it isn't a secret. Ahhh why are things never straightforward!! I dont want to turn work away as it has been really quiet and if mindees mum packs up work in a couple of months.