PDA

View Full Version : Its like buses.......

helenlc
20-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I have had no enquiries for ages, or at least nothing that has come to anything and then all of a sudden I have 2 in one day!!

I have 2 full time Early Years vacancies.

I have a lady coming in half an hour who wants one of the spaces.

And another lady coming at 4 who wants 2 of them!!!

I have told the second lady about the first one and that I might not be able to do her 2 if this lady takes up the space.

They both want 3 days but as yet I dont know which days. I currently mind a 3 yr old Monday to Friday.

If one wanted Mon-Wed and the other wanted Wed to Frid do you think Oftsed would grant me a variation just for that Wednesday (to have 4 in the Early Yrs group) even though there's no consistency of care involved?

Thanks

Daddy Day Care
20-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey dont be greedy share them out, Nah well done and I hope they both come to something.

No idea about the variation but it doesnt hurt to ask them, they can only say no

gareth
xx

Jules27
20-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Hope it all works out for you hun!!! fingers crossed!! xx:D

jaja
20-07-2009, 02:30 PM
wow, send me some.... I had three phone calls about three months ago but only one email two weeks ago and since been dead...

Rubybubbles
20-07-2009, 05:16 PM
:clapping: hope it all goes well

I have a lady coming tomorrow for 1 1/2 day over the summer/ possible for after summer care too (baby currently booked into nusery:idea: sway her heehee)

helenlc
20-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Well first Mum signed - so one little adorable 14 month old starting next week!!!:clapping:

The second Mum was really eager and I am going to try and get a variation for the one day. She is on a course that could last up to 9 months so that one might only be temporary really so I figure I may as well take it while its there.

I cant believe 2 came along in one day when I have had nothing for literally months!!

Keep hanging in there girls - I never used to believe it when people on here said Something will come along. But it does!!

Daddy Day Care
20-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Well first Mum signed - so one little adorable 14 month old starting next week!!!:clapping:

The second Mum was really eager and I am going to try and get a variation for the one day. She is on a course that could last up to 9 months so that one might only be temporary really so I figure I may as well take it while its there.

I cant believe 2 came along in one day when I have had nothing for literally months!!

Keep hanging in there girls - I never used to believe it when people on here said Something will come along. But it does!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

nannymcflea
20-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Well done thats fab, quickest way is to ring then put it in writing, sign it, scan it then email your variation to them,they need your signature to process apparently. Good luck.:clapping:

helenlc
20-07-2009, 07:27 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Apologies but I was aiming it at the "girls" that had replied before me. No offense was meant.

Daddy Day Care
20-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I was the first one to reply tho :( lol

And no offence taken i was only joking

gareth
xx

Tatjana
20-07-2009, 07:54 PM
What brilliant news, yay, well done you!!:clapping:

xx

helenlc
20-07-2009, 08:56 PM
I was the first one to reply tho :( lol

And no offence taken i was only joking

gareth
xx

Apologies, so you were, no excuse really:blush: I do usually try to stay clear of saying Ladies etc as I am aware there are men amongst us!!

I have just been filling in the variation request form and attaching daily routines, timetables, a supporting letter etc. Lots of work involved but I am led to believe that the more thorough I am the quicker Ofsted can give me an answer.

Daddy Day Care
20-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Tis ok ill let you off this time :)

Hope they give you your variation after all the work you put in, got my fingers crossed for you

Gareth
xx

sarah707
20-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I'd be tempted to do it this way...

Take on the 2 for 2 days a week for a month or so (get grandparents / other minder etc for the extra day)...

THEN ask for a variation. It's continuity of care then :D

helenlc
20-07-2009, 09:17 PM
I'd be tempted to do it this way...

Take on the 2 for 2 days a week for a month or so (get grandparents / other minder etc for the extra day)...

THEN ask for a variation. It's continuity of care then :D

:angry: I have just spent an hour and a half getting my variation request ready!! Lol

TBH it would not be the end of the world if I do not get the variation. Having taken on the first little girl, I dont feel quite as desperate as I was getting about filling spaces!! Lol

If it comes off, all well and good but if not, then hey ho. It would make me full (and then some!) for the first time since I started which is a good feeling!!

helenlc
22-07-2009, 05:08 PM
And then another one came along today!!

Its a little girl that I have looked after before on an ad hoc basis. So I have passed the other 2 girls onto a friend as this one will suit me better.

No interest for months and then 4 in a week!!

Tatjana
22-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Gosh that's amazing and sounds like it's working our really well too.

xx

Tatjana
22-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Gosh that's amazing and sounds like it's working our really well too.

xx

ARGH, I always have so many typos, sorry.:blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
22-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Just tell Ofsted your current one changed their days"!

jibberjitz
22-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Great news, hope it all works out :thumbsup: