PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think that this is wrong?

~Chelle~
20-07-2009, 11:38 AM
To cut a long story short. I looked after a little boy for 3 years, had a big fall out with mum over her lying to me about having cancer and basically taking me for a mug (a whole other story lol) so I terminated the contract, which broke my heart as little man was a part of my family. He has since been ordered, by mum, not to even so much as look at me in the playground!!!:eek:

Anyway, he has a new childminder now, who I personally feel is crap. I have never liked her before as she doesnt seem bothered about the children she looks after. She only charges £2.50 per hour too, which annoys all the other childminders as she she is basically charging £1.00 per hour less than everyone else.

Any how, last week the little boy that I used to look after, came out of school and the c/m sat him on the bench and asked him what was left in his lunch box. She then said "look at all that lovely food going to waste, I am going to have it as I havent had any lunch today", she then sat there and basically ate everything that was left in his lunchbox!!

Apparently, according to my friend, she has seen her do this before and I think it is wrong.

She also leaves him with his baby sister and tells him to look after her whilst she goes into school to talk to the teachers. A lot of this it gossiping as she is an adult helper in the school and is friendly with the teachers.

One time she left a little girl on the bench and told her to sit there whilst she talked to one of her mindees mums in the other playground. When she walked off the little girl got up and was running around the playground and then hid in the wendy house. When the childminder came back she wasnt even panicked and just casually walked around the playground for 5 mins until she found her and then really told her off for not staying on the bench!!!

This same little girl was crying her eyese out on friday as the c/m had told the little boy that she would be taking him and his 9 month old sister to McDonalds in the holidays as a treat! The little girl asked her if she would be going and the c/m said "No, I cant take you all on the bus, I will take them on the day that I dont have you"!.

Finally, when I was advertising spaces, I went into the school to ask if I could leave my details, should anyone be enquiring about any local childminders and was told that they were not allowed to give my details as they were not allowed to personally recommend anyone. I have just taken on two children and their mum said that the headteacher said to her to try this woman as she was a fantastic childminder!! I could not believe it. The mum said that from what she has seen of her in the playground, there was no way she was going to leave her kids with her.

Does anyone else think that this is wrong or do I sound like a bitter person because she has a child that I used to look after, even though I was the one to give notice.

Opinions would be most welcomed, good or bad lol

estrelas
20-07-2009, 11:43 AM
i know a few like this, it is wrong but what can you do?

it is a pain when we see things we don't like but unless shes doing something really wrong which can be proved there isn't much we can do

Keep an eye on her tho

Sorry haven't been much help x

Daddy Day Care
20-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Firstly I thoguht you was cutting a long story SHORT? lol

Secondly, you dont sound bitter, this cm sounds like shes bang out of order, dont understand parents who would risk there kids just to save £1 an hour.

Schools around here say they arent allowed to personaly reccomend anyone, to cover there own backs should a childmidner they reccomend be dodgy in any way.

Mouse
20-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I just had to check where you live as I was sure you were talking about a childminder I know - every place must have at least one :laughing: :angry:

It is sooooo frustrating when childminders like this seem to get away with behaving like they do. We seem to be the only ones who can see what they're really like and everyone else seems taken in by them :panic:

But at the end of the day, if a parents choses to go to them rather than me, it makes me think they're not the sort of parent I want anyway :rolleyes:
I'm happy knowing that I do the best I can for the children in my care and I no longer get stressed about the childminders I wouldn't send a dog to!

~Chelle~
20-07-2009, 12:00 PM
LOL I did go on a bit didnt I.

I am based in Medway, is that near you?? Wouldnt that be a weird thing!

wendywu
20-07-2009, 12:18 PM
No she is wrong but i dont quite know what you can do about it.

I suppose one thing you can do is everytime you find her mindee on her own in the playground take her into the school office as an unattended child.

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Could you not have a word with your CDO?

Sharon-H-E
20-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Chelle, i'd listen to Wendywu's advice, it upsets me when i see childminders getting away with this sort of behavior:( and this is why i am going to finally register:) , but there isn't anything you can do other than feel confident and happy that you are a good childminder and that mindees in your care are much happier and fairly treated.
I'm sure these things will catch up with her and the little girl may be so upset she will mention it to her Mum, if she carries on this way she's bound to have parents terminating contracts before long, its just that you wont have the satisfaction of actually seeing it happen. Sounds like maybe you will end up busier than ever before you know it:laughing:

Helen79
20-07-2009, 12:43 PM
She sounds really nasty, I don't understand why some cm bother looking after children if they don't even seem to like them.

& :eek: & bleugh at eating food out of their lunchboxes. Who would want to eat sweaty sandwiches that have been sat in the heat all day?

I would also take the children into the school as a lost child but if they're friendly with her it may not make any difference.

carla
20-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Thats awful, what a cow!!!

Which bit if medway are u in? I only ask cos im originally from Gillingham. All my family still live in Rainham. Im in plymouth now.

jaja
20-07-2009, 02:23 PM
thats awlfull, she shouldnt be doing this to any child, xxx

Daftbat
20-07-2009, 03:12 PM
That is terrible and no, you are not out of order for feeling like you do!

Your CDO might be the best person to talk to about this if you feel there is a child safety issue. She may be able to approach the cm and remind her of her responsibilities. Unfortunately there are many people out there who see nothing wrong in what she is doing and our hands are tied to a large degree over what can be done.

ORKSIE
20-07-2009, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=carla;477838]Thats awful, what a cow!!!

/QUOTE]That was my thought exactly:panic:

~Chelle~
20-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I am in Walderslade, will try and speak to my CDO to see if a friendly warning can be given.

Low and behold, she came over and sat on the bench next to me today and opened up his lunchbox, asked him if he wanted to finish his sandwiches and he said no so she stuffed them in her mouth!!!

Hope she gets food poisioning from food that has been sitting in a sweating lunchbox all day:blush: I am so evil lol

She was sitting there reading a magazine, after she stuffed her face, and the lo was asking her questions about this pea pod that he brought out from school and she told him to ask his mum later and carried on reading, he looked so fed up, bless him :mad:

My friend said that if she leaves the children alone in the playground again, she will take the children into school and report them as unattended.

Helen79
20-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Low and behold, she came over and sat on the bench next to me today and opened up his lunchbox, asked him if he wanted to finish his sandwiches and he said no so she stuffed them in her mouth!!!

That is disgusting. It makes me retch fishing dd's soggy, mangled sarnies out of her lunchbox at the end of the day, no way would I dream of eating them.

Just wish you were allowed to ask the children's parents to put some spare sandwiches in there full of hot chilli sauce, that'd teach her :laughing:

Mouse
20-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Take some old food with you & next time she sits next you & eats the food out of his lunchbox, say 'I've got some rubbish here - do you want to finish that as well?' :laughing:

Tatjana
20-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Take some old food with you & next time she sits next you & eats the food out of his lunchbox, say 'I've got some rubbish here - do you want to finish that as well?' :laughing:

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

I guess she can't afford her own food on her £2.50 fees:laughing:

xx