PDA

View Full Version : Oh my poor bloke

Pipsqueak
19-07-2009, 10:48 PM
This morning (in whitehaven) Brian was taking the quads out of the van, one of them slipped and landed on his finger.
It was badly cut open (it made me feel really sick and faint and I NEVER get squimish) and I could see he was badly hurt. Sent him up to the paramedics on site who cleaned it up and recommend that he go to hospital. Being the plank he is - refused to go.

Anyway when we got home tonight. I insisted he go up the hospital - this was nearly 5 hours ago, he has just rung - they have admitted him and he might loose part of his finger - he has broken the tip and crushed the nerves.:( He could be in for a minimum of 2 days. The surgeon is seeing him tomorrow morning.

To cap it all - the ratbag has taken my car, along with his van keys:) :rolleyes: He sounds quite happily doped up though!

Miriam
19-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor him and YOU!!! Men honestly! I really hope he is ok and you dont have too bad a week.:eek:

Blaze
19-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Poor Brian (& you)...I'd be calling FW names as well if he'd taken the keys with him!:rolleyes:
Hope he heals quickly!

Cazz
20-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Ouch! Hope they manage to save his finger and he's not in too much pain.

Carole x

angeldelight
20-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Poor Brian I bet that hurt - ouch

Hope he is ok and hope they manage to safe his finger

Hope you are ok Pip ?

Angel xx

Monkey1
20-07-2009, 05:54 AM
oooowwwwwwwwwwwwww! Hope he will be ok x

sue m
20-07-2009, 05:57 AM
Ooooh, nasty! I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope he's ok and they can sort his finger out. x

charleyfarley
20-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Poor Brian, how painful for him. Hope he is ok and you of course.

Hope they manage to save his finger and he is home soon

Carol xx

emler
20-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Oh no! I hope he is ok

sarah707
20-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Hope he heals quickly! xx

haribo
20-07-2009, 06:56 AM
oh yuck sounds nasty hope hes ok and you too x

FizzysFriends
20-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Hope hes ok. Can you get the car back?

angiemog
20-07-2009, 07:06 AM
OW! Hope everything works out ok. xxx

Roseolivia
20-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Oh hope he's ok. Did you have a nice time away apart from that though?

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Thank you everyone. Once my mindee arrives I will be popping up the hospital to see him and find out the verdict. Thankfully I only have 1 today, so its either 2 buses, walk or taxi!

The upshot of yesterday for the kids though is:

Harry 1st overall
Rob 3rd overall
Clever boys.:clapping:
Rob took a tumble in the first race, running himself over (lovely tyre imprint across his back) and the bike coming to rest on his head. He is a tough cookie and when his bike was pulled of him he got back on and carried on! Needs a new helmet and body armour though!

flora
20-07-2009, 07:26 AM
glad the boys did well :clapping: :clapping:

hope brian gets better soon, hope it's good news from the surgeon :thumbsup:

keep us posted x x

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Mindees mum has just rung - no mindee for 2 weeks approx. So I am one down and not working till Thursday:clapping:

georgie456
20-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Oh my goodness - poor thing! Why are men so rubbish at going to doc/hospital when they really need to?! Hope he's ok though and they manage to save the finger..

ORKSIE
20-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Oh dear, That must of hurt! Glad your boys did well tho<<<hug>>>

Chatterbox Childcare
20-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Ouch - hope he is on the mend soon.

Now where are those spare keys :panic:

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Popped into see him. He is doped up - they aren't going to operate today, pumping him full of anti'bs.

He has shattered the bone in the tip of his finger, lots of fragments floating about but its too badly swollen to do anything to yet, they can't even stitch the wound (nearly threw up when it waggled it about lol).

Surgeon is coming to see him round lunch time so hopefully we'll know more then - will keep you posted.

thanks for the support (once again - you are stars):thumbsup:

Tatjana
20-07-2009, 11:15 AM
OUCH, poor man, hope he doesn't have to lose the tip of his finger.:panic:

xx

wendywu
20-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Ohh Pip that sounds really nasty hope he gets better soon.

But i have just realised the the quads he has dropped are Bikes not Babies :laughing:

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Ohh Pip that sounds really nasty hope he gets better soon.

But i have just realised the the quads he has dropped are Bikes not Babies :laughing:

lol Wendy!!! Nope definately not a baby but a half ton quad bike - ouch.
We are planning on buying him some fingerless gloves:D
Rob reckons if he does have to have it 'chopped off' - no one will know who he is pointing at (its his pointer finger - thankfully left hand) - made Rob laugh anyway.

wendywu
20-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Well i will keep my fingers crossed for him :laughing:

But if they can give someone a new heart or seperate siamese twins i am hoping they can rebuild a finger. Once the swelling has gone down it might be a brighter outlook. :thumbsup:

Blaze
20-07-2009, 12:15 PM
http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/glittergraphics/comments/getwellsoon/images/gcgetwellsoon11.gif (http://www.graphicsgrotto.com)

(Best I could do for Brian)! :rolleyes:

grindal
20-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow - that sounds horrible. I hope you and he are OK.

jaja
20-07-2009, 02:25 PM
men are so typical, mines always getting in a mess xxx

ORKSIE
20-07-2009, 02:44 PM
My DH chopped 2 of his fingers off with a lawn mower:eek:

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 02:59 PM
ewww - did they manage to reattach them Orksie?

Been to to see him with the kids - the doctor was due round at 12 - no sign of him as we left about 15 minutes ago. So we still don't know whats going on. Think Brian is enjoying his bed rest - but he is bored stiff!

Will keep you posted

Roseolivia
20-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Hope he gets it sorted soon.

ORKSIE
20-07-2009, 03:10 PM
ewww - did they manage to reattach them Orksie?

Been to to see him with the kids - the doctor was due round at 12 - no sign of him as we left about 15 minutes ago. So we still don't know whats going on. Think Brian is enjoying his bed rest - but he is bored stiff!

Will keep you posted

Nope unfortunately not, the cut was too clean. Nothing to attatch to, plus someone killed them by putting then straight onto ice. Hope Brian is feeling better soon:)

nannymcflea
20-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Hope he gets sorted quickly, sounds blooming painful.

angeldelight
20-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Any more news Pip ?

Hope Brian is ok

Angel xx

Trouble
20-07-2009, 05:12 PM
he is better off in the hospital he is in now than whitehaven:panic: :panic: :panic: :eek: !!!!!!!

bless him i bet that really hurt i know how heavy k quad is:eek:

well done to your boys:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 05:21 PM
They are letting him out tonight :clapping: :clapping: - but first they are fiddling with it and washing it out to get some fragments out..... bleurgh I can't even think about it.
He will have to go back to get it checked and to see what they are going to do with it.... bleurghhhhh

ORKSIE
20-07-2009, 07:11 PM
:clapping: Glad they letting him home, does sound very bleughhhhhh tho, bless him:)

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 10:33 PM
he rung me at 7.30 as he could come out - when I arrived 15 mins later or so they were still scrubbing the wound out MEGA bleurgh... we finally got home about 9. Kids are over the moon and the jokes have kicked in!!!

He has 40 anti'b's to take over the next 5 days, has to go to the docs to get the dressing changed and checked on Friday (nearly choked with laughter - not sure how the heck they think we are going to get an appointment!!!) and then back week Thursday to see he surgeon for verdict.

Numpty chops though has said that the doctor said he can drive (his finger is bound up ice-cream cone style), he can go to work (his work mate has said that Bri can 'supervise' and he will keep an eye on him) - oh and aparently is ok if he gets it wet. The bloke must think I was born yesterday - so I have told him in no uncertain terms that he will be an idiot if he does too much and knacks it - when the doctors hope it might heal. :doh:

thanks for your concerns and kind words - I passed them all on and Brian thinks it really lovely that you all care:thumbsup:

Blaze
20-07-2009, 10:36 PM
:rolleyes: Lock him in the bedroom!:D :laughing:

Pipsqueak
20-07-2009, 10:40 PM
:rolleyes: Lock him in the bedroom!:D :laughing:

h'd think his luck was in!!! lol

wendywu
20-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Well Pip tell Brian i think it is really lucky it was his finger the quad fell on and squashed.;)

I bet he would not be so COCKY and blase? if it was another appendage he was taking risks with :eek:

Blaze
20-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Well Pip tell Brian i think it is really lucky it was his finger the quad fell on and squashed.;)

I bet he would not be so COCKY and blase? if it was another appendage he was taking risks with :eek:

:D :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup:

angeldelight
21-07-2009, 06:48 AM

Funny

:laughing: :laughing:

Hope Brian is feeling ok this morning

xx

Pipsqueak
21-07-2009, 06:57 AM

:ROFL1: :ohdear: :ROFL1: