PDA

View Full Version : Parent coming to sign contracts - question

Miriam
19-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Evening all!

I have a mum coming tomorrow to sign contracts etc for her little one who is then not starting until 11th August. She is bringing her lo who is 12 months (who I will be minding) and her 2 1/2 year old (who I wont be minding as she is going to full time nursery) with her while she signs the contracts etc. I will also have the lo who I mind already here tomorrow as well - he is 3. Last time she came over was fine but the children needed loads of attention - as children do, and last time I did not have any children here as I wasnt minding back then. So although we tried to talk it was hard as we kept being distracted by the children :)

So I reckon we will be lucky to get through the NCMA contract tomorrow let alone go through my endless book of policies etc. As he is then not starting until the 11th he is having settling in time the week before. I really do not want to give her my booklet of policies etc to take away and read for all that time. So I was thinking of just doing the NCMA contract tomorrow then saying I would give her the policies to take away and read the afternoons that he has settling in - to bring back the next day when I have him again.

Do you think that sounds reasonable? Or do you think I should have it all out and ready tomorrow morning?

Its probably a stupid question but I am still new to this - she is only my second parent. When I did the first parents contract it took the best part of an hour :panic: Maybe I am just really slow :laughing: :laughing:

Tatjana
19-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Why not have your policies ready just in case the contract doesn't take as long as you think it will. But if you're stuck on the contract for most of the time, there's nothing wrong with your suggestion of reading them on a settling in session.

Good luck!

xx