PDA

View Full Version : Can i start registration process now?

Sharon-H-E
19-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I gained my childminding qualification in Southampton in 2002 but never registered as i never had a permanent address back then, i now however live in Lyndhusrt in the New forest which comes under Hampshire. I realise a lot has changed since then so have booked myself on to a new course but it doesn't start until the end of November 2009 and by the time i start the registation progress it will 2010 before i can start up.
I wondered if anyone knew whether or not i'd be able to start up with my old qualification and start the registration process now and do the course to refresh and catch up on new pieces whist working as a childminder as i have parents waiting but dont think they can wait until next year. Any advice or numbers anyone can give me would be great,

sarah707
19-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I know in Cheshire you are not allowed to apply until you have completed the 12 week ICP course... it does vary depending on where you live.

I suggest you give your local people a call tomorrow.

in the meantime, enjoy browsing here :D

Tatjana
19-07-2009, 06:27 PM
In my part of London we can do the course within 6 months of being registered.

I had a lot of hassle with the local college so I decided to do it through the NEC. It's a bit more expensive than the college one but I like it as I can do it as and when I want to and when i have the time.

Have a think about it, you can do the course within a week if you really wanted to!

xx

Chell
19-07-2009, 07:48 PM
In Northants you must have paediatric first aid before registering then there is a 30hr course, this must be complete within 6mths of registering.

singlewiththree
20-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Even though you previously did the course I think you are going to have to do it all again as you didn't register.

I would get in touch with the local council and see what needs to be done or ring OFSTED if you have already done the course and also the first aid (minimum 12 hours) and see what they say but I think 2002 was a long time ago and they will insist you update your training first.

Sharon-H-E
20-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks to everyone who replied, think i will call up Ofsted today and see what they have to say, i know it varys from one county to another so had best get my facts straight.

Hopefully i'll be able to begin starting up and get my first aid up to date before the end of the new course, fingers crossed.