PDA

View Full Version : hubby has swine flu

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
19-07-2009, 01:55 PM
the doc has just confirmed my hubby has piggy flu we have got the tamiflu and now just have to pray that my 8 month old doesnt get it.

luckily it doesnt effect my setting as i work from my mums

ORKSIE
19-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Oh dear, hope he feels better soon, hope your LO is ik. Sending you all a <<<HUG>>>

RainbowMum
19-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Poor hubby - hope he's not too bad, a friends hubby has had it & none of them caught it - fingers crossed your baby will be ok xx

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
19-07-2009, 06:12 PM
thanks guys, doctor said it would be better if i got it as well:eek:

as because im still breastfeeding i can then pass the antibodies onto my son.
talk about devotion!

elainerut
19-07-2009, 08:43 PM
hope he well soon, my heart goes to u my son is still suffering and were on day 3

Cazz
19-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Hope your hubby makes a speedy recovery.

I have to say I'm finding this swine flu a bit worrying now - round here they just seem to be telling people that's what they've got by hearing their symptoms over the phone. Very few are being given Tamiflu either.

Just wondering if anyone knows - if you get Swine flu do you have immunity from it so you wouldn't be able to catch it again? Don't want it but I'm just wondering!

Carole x

Blaze
19-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Just because you have it once, it does not make you immune from getting it again - just slightlly less likely!

To reassure the OP - my nine month old & hubby have just recovered (both were on Tamiflu) - & my baby is asthmatic...thought knowing that may make you may feel better, with all the scaremongering in the press.

Cazz
20-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Just because you have it once, it does not make you immune from getting it again - just slightlly less likely!

To reassure the OP - my nine month old & hubby have just recovered (both were on Tamiflu) - & my baby is asthmatic...thought knowing that may make you may feel better, with all the scaremongering in the press.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Glad that your hubby and baby have recovered from it - I assume you weren't give Tamiflu yourself, fingers crossed you or any others won't get it.

Carole x

Blaze
20-07-2009, 12:17 AM
No I wasn't given Tamiflu as a precaution - my eldest dd fell ill a couple of days later & was put on Tamiflu (she is asthmatic, as is my son) - todate my son & I haven't caught it & we are now out of quarantine.

Tamiflu is v. rarely given as a precaution now because it's better for you to catch it & take the treatment dose - basically they are trying to delay the virus becoming Tamiflu resistant, but now giving treatment doses, rather than precautionary doses IYSWIM!
HTH:)

angeldelight
20-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Sorry to hear hubby is ill hope he gets well soon

Angel xx