PDA

View Full Version : Mindee has suspected swine flu

littletreasures
19-07-2009, 08:59 AM
I had 7 kids on Friday. All were absolutely fine.

Mum has now put on facebook that one of hers is on Tamiflu as she has had flu symptons all weekend.

I now need to tell the other parents. My niece was with me as well and played closely with this little one. Niece isn't the healthiest at the best of times, always has a cough etc. and my brother and sis-in-law do tend to panic a bit with her, so not looking forward to that one.

Luckily I don't have this mindee or her siblings next week.

rickysmiths
19-07-2009, 09:50 AM
I have had a mindee that has had it, they stayed at home for 10 days and returned when fully fit. My sons school has cases and he carried on going to school, my dh school had it and remained open. Non of the other mindees, parents or my family have caught it from that contact anyway.

I have been even more careful than normal with hand washing, cleaning door handles and cleaning toys etc. I have tried not to become obsesed by it though, the way I'm not with flu any other time.

I really do think a lot of worry is being caused by the bad reporting. All the people who have sadly died have had fairly serious other medical problems.

RainbowMum
19-07-2009, 12:28 PM
If the child was not exhibiting symptoms whilst at your setting then you are highly unlikely to catch it from them. Having read through the info on the NHS website it seems you are not contagious untill you have symptoms. HTH xx

ORKSIE
19-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I have had a mindee that has had it, they stayed at home for 10 days and returned when fully fit. My sons school has cases and he carried on going to school, my dh school had it and remained open. Non of the other mindees, parents or my family have caught it from that contact anyway.

I have been even more careful than normal with hand washing, cleaning door handles and cleaning toys etc. I have tried not to become obsesed by it though, the way I'm not with flu any other time.

I really do think a lot of worry is being caused by the bad reporting. All the people who have sadly died have had fairly serious other medical problems.

Ricky reading this has helped me alot, I an worried sick about this, I have loads of bacterial hand gel at the ready when anyone sneezes,or coughs, cleaning furiously with anti bac everywhere . So far have escaped it, for how long I dont know, time will tell. If I think about it for too long i can feel myself getting down, so i need to see lots of positive posts like yours. Thankyou:thumbsup:

littletreasures
19-07-2009, 12:50 PM
If the child was not exhibiting symptoms whilst at your setting then you are highly unlikely to catch it from them. Having read through the info on the NHS website it seems you are not contagious untill you have symptoms. HTH xx

Hadn't read that bit. That will reassure my brother a bit then. She was absolutely fine on Friday, with the amount she ate and the amount she chatting, playing etc. no symptoms whatsoever.

Ricky, there are cases at her school, but none in her class. I am stricter with the kids though, washing their hands when they've blown their noses, using antibac gel etc.