PDA

View Full Version : how do you organise getting out the door in hols?

newandlearning
18-07-2009, 02:15 PM
hi there everyone..
yesterday I made individual snack boxes for all 5 LOs, had rain coats, nappy bag, drinks, lunch items, hats, and .. oh yeah the kids :laughing: :laughing: ..

this all fitted in two bags..

but I felt a great responsibility to try to ensure that after we'd gone out that I equally didn't lose anything whilst out..

how do you manage???

.. I'm thinking get a really big ruck sack.. but could really do with a wheelie shopping trolley :laughing: :laughing: ..xx

julie w
18-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi. I find it easier if I have a child in a pushchair so I can put everything in there. If it's just a trip to the park I tend to take a small back pack to put drinks etc in. If we are going for a day out and we need packed lunches I usually use disposable everything!! and give the children their lunches in a carrier bag each. That way all the rubbish goes in the bin and there's nothing to carry. I know it doesn't sound very environmentally friendly, but we dont do it all the time, just on a big outing.

Roseolivia
18-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Just write a list. I never have many children but if i'm going away with Rose i usually write lists of what we need to take.

fionamal
18-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Ive usually always got a little one in the buggy so anything heavy like the juice goes in there and the sandwiches etc are wrapped in clingfilm and in a carrier bag so we can dispose of them before coming back home and having less to carry back.

Really depends on where and what we are doing.

Daftbat
18-07-2009, 03:29 PM
I use a ruck sack if i haven't got a buggy in tow. I also tend to have one bag with lunch in it which i leave in the car for later and another bag with sun cream, drinks, tissues, nappies etc if needed. I love days when its just bigger kids and i can put my keys in one pocket, emergency info in the other along with money and we can just get on with things with no bags to worry about.:clapping:

Angela234
18-07-2009, 06:14 PM
I walk everywhere so if we have a day out at the park its pack lunch drinks snacks spare clothes nappies wipes suncreams hats reins balls phone .

It is handy if we have the buggy if not trying to hold onto the kids bags etc can be a nightmare.

I have a large shoulder bag then carrier bags

childmind04
18-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I use a back pack, with as much disposable stuff as possible, if i have children in nappies i take a couple of nappies and just a pack of travel size wipes, i do tend to buy water bottles with sports tops as i have not found a cup that lasts long and if you keep buying drinks it can get expensive

Twinkles
18-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I usually only have one in the holidays that needs to go in a buggy but I always take a double tandem buggy with me and use it as a 'cargo' buggy.
I have older children and they each have a packed lunch. I use my own suncream ( with permission ) and I use my own sunhats for them so it doesn't matter too much if we lose one.

mushpea
18-07-2009, 07:19 PM
last year i only had 4 children and had a pushchair all the time so used that to put every thing on this time i will have 4 children on 3 days non of which go in a pushchair so i am thinking of getting a back pack each for them so they can carry their own drink and lunch they are age 2, 5 , 8 and 10 they 2 yerolds i would carry but do you think its wrong to ask the older ones to carry their stuff?
when i have all 6 then we need a pushchair so will use that.