PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Feeling It

shelly04
18-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Hi Guys,

Not had any kids since march or any enquiries just wondered if anyone else was going through the same thing. There has been a huge slump in my area and it is starting to get me down. Going to give it until end of Aug and re-think the whole childminding thing. Only thing is I have a two year old daughter I have no idea what to do.

Just having a moan :crying:

angeldelight
18-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Oh things might start to look up for you now kids are starting school etc in September - shout it from the rooftops that you have some places

Hope you get a call soon

Sending good luck vibes

Angel xx

miss mopple
18-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Hope something comes your way soon.

I always find enquiries are like buses- none for ages and then all at once lots.

As angel said, let it be known everywhere you can that you have spaces.

Good luck

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Same here haven't had any thing for a few months now and I have only one mindee not sure what I am going to do if I haven't filled the same come September but I am sure somthing will come along.

Chin up it will work out in the end. :laughing:

Sarahbelle
18-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi Guys,

Not had any kids since march or any enquiries just wondered if anyone else was going through the same thing. There has been a huge slump in my area and it is starting to get me down. Going to give it until end of Aug and re-think the whole childminding thing. Only thing is I have a two year old daughter I have no idea what to do.

Just having a moan :crying:

Same here. Only have 6 hours a week from 1st August. Have been advertising one space since January and haven't had single call. The whole area is in a slump. I'm desperate as I am doing an NVQ 3 and you have to have 16 hours plus a week to do this.

Doing major advertising drive as we speak. So am keeping my fingers crossed.:thumbsup: Good luck to you to. Hope the phone rings soon.

Daftbat
18-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I agree that enquiries tend to come in waves. This time of year is renowned for being slack in my experience. I am lucky that i am full but i do notice when the phone starts to stop ringing.

The best you can do is ensure that your info on CIS etc is up to date, put some cards in local shop windows, get yourself noticed at toddler groups etc. I think the best type of advertising is through talking to parents at school or toddler groups etc. Don't be afraid of talkking about yourself and saying that you have a vacancy. Give out some business cards - you never know who that person might be talking to tomorrow.

tinkerbelle
18-07-2009, 06:14 PM
have you treid your local collage or training centre i have recently advertised with them and have signed 4 new contracts with mums who are attending night school as well as the 2 kids who i already mind at the same time
i thought it had gone quiet but ive managed to sign 8 contracts in 2 weeks hopefully you will soon have calls too stay positive xx