PDA

View Full Version : Party invites to mindees?

Helen Dempster
17-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi ya. I was just wondering, do any of you invite mindees to own kids parties, or do you keep work and private life strictly separate?

H x

Daftbat
17-07-2009, 10:17 PM
My daughters birthday celebrations are tomorrow and she is ten on tuesday. She has invited a couple of the kids i mind as they are friends at school anyway. If my kids were younger i wouldn't invite them particularly unless they were obviously friends. Some of my customers have become close friends of mine and so its hard to keep things totally separate.

claireLouise
17-07-2009, 11:28 PM
I always invitee mindess to parties but it is difficult to explain when it is not recipricated and my son does not get invited to mindees parties, it is personal choice but a mine field.

Good luck what ever you decide.

Claire

sarah707
18-07-2009, 07:05 AM
I don't any more as my 2 are bigger now, but when they were little it depended on the children and their families.

Some families were really close - and still are even though they have moved away.

Others... no we didn't invite. :D

newandlearning
18-07-2009, 07:43 AM
its a toughie.. I think do it but don't expect to get anything recipricated..
I invited mindee as my son is around same age and they are really close.. you
could say best friends. the mindee didn't come.. we didn't get any invite.. and when mindee was saying to my son 'I want you to come to my party' my son said 'I want to go' everyone got excited. and then the sibling said 'but XXX mummy may not let him come'. everyone got very very upset and It was very difficult all around..

this is why I think do it from a good place and if you get an invite back then great!! hope that helpsx

amirose
18-07-2009, 08:03 AM
I am inviting some of my mindees to my birthday party :D

I am having a big party for my 25th in January and it just wouldn't feel right to have a childless party I need some little ones to get up and do the party dances with me!!!

(my nephew half brother and sister are all late teens now and horrible :( (:laughing: ))

Tired
18-07-2009, 08:03 AM
I have 2 mindees the same age as my girl, and 2 younger and 1 older.
This year she is 6 and I only invited the ones the same age. The older boy got a bit cross, but in the 3 years I've looked after him he has come to all of her parties, and she has never been invited to his, so made the decision this year not to bother.

Anyway, why would a 10 year old boy want to go to a party of 6 year old girls?
I'm sure he wouldn't enjoy it, it is just that his pride is a bit hurt by not getting an invitation.

Lily Grace
18-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I invited one of my mindees to my little girls party and she wasnt invited to his. They are in the same class together. He spent the two weeks before his party telling her she wasn't invited and then told me what present he wanted from me. I did explain to him that it wasn't polite to ask for presents and he shouldn't tell people that they wern't invited to his party!

ZoeAlli
18-07-2009, 10:33 AM
I have only invited mindees to my children's parties when they have a friendship formed- not because I want to exclude anyone, but after all it is my childs day so it is up to them and also sometimes it is to do with the expense of the days activities!!
When my children have not been old enough to make their own decision I have put out invites to mindees (dependent on relationship with the family- again don't want uncomfortable atmosphere at celebration), but have not always had the offer reciprocated!!

fionamal
18-07-2009, 10:38 AM
I do but only to the ones that are of the same age and are genuine friends with my kids.

Im having a 40th in February and will be inviting most of them as we have built up a really good friendship with the parents and kids and afterall, its the kids that make a good party

Bananabrain
18-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I always have a Halloween party {although this yr my son will prob be too old}

Last year I invited two of my older mindees and the children had great fun.

However I did find it really difficult to relax and was still in 'childminding mode' all night:laughing: One of the children came with facepaint and I realised I hadn't got permission so made mum text me. She thought I was a bit barmy because she had brought the face paint!!!

I would probably not invite mindees again simply because I would like it to be more relaxed and not want to spend all the time worrying that the mindees are drinking too much pop!

And also,I didn't have any alcohol 'til they left as I didn't think it would look too good!!!! Which was a bit pants as all the other adults were drinking leaving me to sort out the over-excited children!