PDA

View Full Version : did you have to wait long for mindees?

kelly76x
06-12-2007, 01:16 PM
i was just wondering whats the longest anyone has had to wait before they had any enquiries or took on any mindees i was registered first week in November and not as much as one phone call i am getting so depressed as i gave up work in June so i have been sitting at home with no income i have decided that by the end of january i will have to start loking for a job as its unfair living off hubbys wages and unfair on the children. i am advertising everywhere i can think of, the local schools, hospital and yellow pages i have buiness cards, a website so now i am at a loss to be honest i'm not on the cis website yet somone is coming on dec 12 to fill out the forms so really that is my last hope. did anyone else have to wait over a month? :(

LittleMissSparkles
06-12-2007, 01:19 PM
I was lucky as I had baby C waiting for my certificate to come through as I'd advertised beforehand.

It was a good 6 weeks before I had any other calls though if I remember rightly.

I am sure once the christmas period is over and school starts up again your phone will ring , fingers crossed for you babe, keep smiling :)

Polly2
06-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh don't give up hope yet

I registered in Sept 06 and didn't get any mindees til mar 07. Now I am full with a waiting list!!

I am told its quite quiet everywhere this time of year.

I know how you feel - I was getting desperate and thinking I had done the wrong thing registering.

Hang in there I'm sure some children will come your way soon

Take care
Hollyxx

angeldelight
06-12-2007, 01:33 PM
I agree with everyone else - be patient

It does seem like ages sometimes - I hope you get some calls after christmas

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

samw
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
I waited about 3 weeks for my first enquiry and then nothing for about 2 months, Ive now people asking me and Im having to turn them down.

Stick with it, from what Ive been told, by other childminders I know, this is generally a quiet time of year!

Sam xx

Twinkles
06-12-2007, 01:44 PM
It is a very quiet time of year - don't despair! Do you have a friend with a toddler that you can borrow? I find that the best places for getting 'word of mouth' work are toddler groups. Do you know any other childminders locally? I know several and we all pass on each others numbers if one gets an enquiry that they can't fill.
How about advertising at the local mother and baby clinic? Do you still have contact with your health visitor?
Contact your local N.C.T they probably have a newsletter for their members.
If that doesn't work just enjoy the time that you have, this time next year you will be so busy you will long for a day off!
Hope this helps.

kelly76x
06-12-2007, 03:25 PM
thank you all for your replys i will be a little more patient, can i ask what you
mean by nct newsletter what does nct stand for?

thank you xx

ajs
06-12-2007, 04:04 PM
thank you all for your replys i will be a little more patient, can i ask what you
mean by nct newsletter what does nct stand for?

thank you xx

nataional childbirth trust
they run ante natal classes and breastfeeding groups and our local children's centre has a stay and play session specially for members

good luck though

deb24
06-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I hope you get some kiddies soon.Im a bit worried myself after reading your message.Have you got a car sticker that might help.
Do you think I should start advertising now or wait until I have my certificate?
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks x

Blaze
06-12-2007, 04:44 PM
i was just wondering whats the longest anyone has had to wait before they had any enquiries or took on any mindees i was registered first week in November and not as much as one phone call i am getting so depressed as i gave up work in June so i have been sitting at home with no income i have decided that by the end of january i will have to start loking for a job as its unfair living off hubbys wages and unfair on the children. i am advertising everywhere i can think of, the local schools, hospital and yellow pages i have buiness cards, a website so now i am at a loss to be honest i'm not on the cis website yet somone is coming on dec 12 to fill out the forms so really that is my last hope. did anyone else have to wait over a month? :(

I don't want to scare you, but it took a good 3/4 months before I got enquires...then the phone didn't stop ringing!

Tasha:)

manjay
06-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I had two after schoolers within a couple of days of registering but have not had any phone calls yet (Only registered last month). I have two more due to start in Jan but they are all word of mouth. We live in a small village and I have been telling everyone for 12 months that I am registering plus the other two minders in the village are full so pass my number on. I think it does depend greatly on the time of year and the area you live in.

Don't give up hope. As everyone says it can often be a slow start but once word gets around it usually picks up

Amanda xx

nat1664
06-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi

I registered in october and I have only 1 mindee before school at the moment, Im on the CIS website but still have not had any calls , like you Im starting to panic a bit now as Im due to leave my job on the 21st december :panic:

Hopefully we will all start to get some calls very soon :).

jmoff
08-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi
I registered end of September and have a first mindee starting in January.Have had a few phonecalls and they all came from CIS website! So get that sorted.
But I have been told that this is a very quiet time of the year...
Good luck

Jana x