PDA

View Full Version : how long ????

chewy sweets
17-07-2009, 05:05 PM
did it take everyone to get their first mindee after registering??? Was just wondering???:thumbsup:

Tatjana
17-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Two months, but it felt a lot longer!:o

xx

miss mopple
17-07-2009, 05:15 PM
about 6 months

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
17-07-2009, 05:16 PM
about 2 weeks!

The Juggler
17-07-2009, 05:24 PM
did it take everyone to get their first mindee after registering??? Was just wondering???:thumbsup:

I was still waiting for my cert to be posted but had received letter saying I'd been approved. They started a month later when cert had arrived and I had handed in notice in my old job.

However, I had met some local mums who were childminders and received the referral through them. They were full and passed it on to me.

Jules27
17-07-2009, 05:30 PM
About 4 weeks for very 1st and was apart timer. Had to wait 6 months before getting a full timer! then another 3 months for other full timer. The phone calls have got more frequent as time has gone on. Had 4 or 5 phone calls in the last month able to help 2 - 1 has signed , still to here from the other. I was getting no calls this time last year. takes a while for your name to 'get about'.:D

tinkerbelle
17-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Ii had 2 fulltimers and a afterschool lined up for when my certificate came (SIBLINGS)

marian
17-07-2009, 05:39 PM
4 months - then they were only part time :(
Then slowly over about a year I was full and have been lucky with filling most of my spaces since:) lots are word of mouth.

Marian x

nannymcflea
17-07-2009, 05:44 PM
had a full timer lined up for when I had finished my registration.

grindal
17-07-2009, 06:47 PM
About 3 months. Finished work at Christmas and 1st mindee started after Easter

chewy sweets
17-07-2009, 09:27 PM
4 months - then they were only part time :(
Then slowly over about a year I was full and have been lucky with filling most of my spaces since:) lots are word of mouth.

Marian x

Not sure if i should have asked this question- :panic:
Should have my certificate through sometime next week and need to find mindees asap or i'm going to have to find another job untill i get mindees!:panic:

gegele
17-07-2009, 09:35 PM
i have my first mindee starting next month so it took 6 months but it might go a lot faster for you as it is a good time to start advertising, lots of kids are starting school, nursery in september, parents are going back to work ect... good timing :thumbsup:

i'm also working as a carer in the evening to keep the money coming in until childminding can pay my bills lol.

maybe an evening job would be better as you can mind part timer during day and work a few evening tomake the number. you know what i mean.:D
good luck

Hebs
17-07-2009, 09:37 PM
had a full timer lined up for when I had finished my registration.

me too :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
17-07-2009, 10:53 PM
I had the first one lined up before I was registered and asked for it to be hurried up as I was needed. This was in the olden days before Ofsted and not so many hoops to jump through.

I worked with a woman in a nursery at one time and when her daughter in law said she needed to find a minder she thought of me. I was about to give birth myself, then got myself registered and started minding when DD was 6 months old.

littlepixies
18-07-2009, 05:24 AM
My 1st was 2 months after getting my certificate....after 8 months had another little one joint part time. then full timer left after a year and i had 3 siblings, then after 6 months had 2 siblings once they left.
went on break for 9 months...
had 2 more siblings after that for 3 months and then 3 months later had another little one part time before moving for a few weeks....

Have had a fair bit of no kiddie time to be honext. You just seem to have quiet patches! and thats when you feel you cant be bothered to doit any more!
Since moving i have been here since apirl and had just one enquiry for september start... and now a friend has asked me to have her little one 1 day in hols a week which will be nice as her and my daughter get on fab!!

Lets just hope things start picking up now i have my registeration and details at children info center updated!!!!

brightstar
18-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Mine took 7 months cos i'm about 6 miles out of town, but my friend in town filled her spaces straight away and is always full.

mrs c
18-07-2009, 10:01 AM
I had 3 part timers lined up. At the moment my enquiries are for pickups in September - have had no under 5 calls for about the last 6 months

manjay
18-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Mine took 7 months cos i'm about 6 miles out of town, but my friend in town filled her spaces straight away and is always full.

I do think it does depend on the area you are in. I am in a rural village about 4 miles out of town. I had 2 after schoolers who signed up a couple of days after my reg came through and then my next ones didn't come along until 3 months later. I do not advertise really as it was never my intention to be full to capacity all the time but I would say over the last couple of years I have become well established in the village. I am now not always the "last" minder that families visit (other 2 have been doing it for years!). Our village also has one of the few Welsh medium schools so families tend to travel here iyswim.

Hope you get some soon:thumbsup:

chewy sweets
18-07-2009, 12:00 PM
I do think it does depend on the area you are in. I am in a rural village about 4 miles out of town. I had 2 after schoolers who signed up a couple of days after my reg came through and then my next ones didn't come along until 3 months later. I do not advertise really as it was never my intention to be full to capacity all the time but I would say over the last couple of years I have become well established in the village. I am now not always the "last" minder that families visit (other 2 have been doing it for years!). Our village also has one of the few Welsh medium schools so families tend to travel here iyswim.

Hope you get some soon:thumbsup:

so do i! :thumbsup: