PDA

View Full Version : A seven seater car you can fit 5 bikes to??

venus89
17-07-2009, 05:03 PM
We are looking at getting a seven seater, largely due to an awkward parent (!) but we have to have a car that can fit all our bikes on (would therefore have to be low) or in. My husband is looking at a Mercedes but do any of you have a car which would do the job?

3 kids bikes, 2 adult bikes

sweets
17-07-2009, 05:05 PM
crickey! lol thats a big ask, i presume you want to get the kids and hubby in too! why don't you just buy a bus lol:laughing: :laughing:

venus89
17-07-2009, 05:09 PM
crickey! lol thats a big ask, i presume you want to get the kids and hubby in too! why don't you just buy a bus lol:laughing: :laughing:

Lol.

Oh do I HAVE to take the kids and the hubby?

The thing is, on a low car like the Mercedes we can fit all the bikes in/on. 3 on top, 2 in the back (until the kids get bigger, at least).

I was just wondering if any of the bigger cars had removable back seats that give lots of room in the back. But that probably is a bit much!

miss mopple
17-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I have a previa and we use roof bars for 3 bikes. You could put a bike carrier on the back too I think.

My car has removable back seats so you could do it that way too

nikim
17-07-2009, 05:13 PM
we have a zafira with a tow hook and a bike rack that fits onto it,made by thule (take a look at there website) this holds 4 adult bikes and i am sure you would get a chils bike in the boot with the seats down ,
ours is a bolton 9705 i think and is very secure you can also still use the tow bar:clapping: hope that helps :)

nannymcflea
17-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I would have suggested a towball bike carrier too, obviously you'll need a towbar and electrics but having them on the back does reduce the drag and therefore doesn't effect the fuel consumption as much as a roof rack would.

Mouse
17-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Have you considered getting a bus :laughing: :laughing: