PDA

View Full Version : why do children shout?

chubbymummy
19-02-2008, 04:54 PM
can someone please tell me why children feel that they need to shout at each other rather than talk?

any suggestions for getting them to speak to each other would be helpful.

i think that it's been worse today though cos i've got a headache thats lasted 2 days now!!!!!:angry:

Twinkles
19-02-2008, 04:57 PM
My very proper mum said to me once ' Does Tom have to shout so ?' 'Yes' I replied 'he's the youngest of four he has to shout to be heard!!'

Pipsqueak
19-02-2008, 04:58 PM
If you find the answer please please let me know
:D

ruby
19-02-2008, 05:04 PM
yes please let us know

rachel goes mad as they can be sat next to each other and they stlll shout
mostly the older ones

cathy

allinatiz
19-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I think Twinkles is right, it's competition, I'm pretty sure my 4th is going to be the loudest :)

miffy
19-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Perhaps that's where the saying he who shouts loudest is heard comes from then!

Haven't got any answers though

Hope your headache gets better Cathy

Miffy xx

JO S
19-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I'd like the answer to this one too.
It's funny though my two eldest yell at each other but then just grunt when I ask them something.
JO. x

Spangles
19-02-2008, 06:28 PM
My little boy is now shouting MACK! MACK! WHERE ARE YOU MACK? at the moment at full volume! He's been doing it for about an hour with a small break during his dinner. He's got his Lightning McQueen car in his hand and apparently it's searching for his truck Mack! He even asked for me to leave the lounge light off so he could do it in the dark as that scene is at night in the film - of course he didn't quite explain it like that - he's only 2!!!!

Another hour and he'll be in bed and I'll be missing him! Ha ha!

sarah707
19-02-2008, 06:35 PM
The 2 year old shouts at the top of his voice - he also shouts out strange noises... the baby screams...

I have a headache too and totally sympathise with you.

I intend to drown mine in wine now they have all gone home :D