PDA

View Full Version : tv on while having pre-reg visit

samgeordie
19-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I have my pre-registration visit next wed but my 3 yr old daughter will also be there when the officer visits.

Do you think it would be ok if I have the tv on when she visits, so my daughter can watch some programmes to keep her quiet, or will it look bad having a child sat in front of the tv. I can get some of her toys out for her to play with, but im not sure she would sit and play quietly.

What did you do with your kids when you had your inspection (I can't send her to anyone as no-one available at the time the inspector is coming).

Thanks

Mollymop
19-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I had the tv on when the inspector came round. My little girl would have been a nightmare with out it. The inspector didn't mention it.
Good luck X

angeldelight
19-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Personally I feel that you should do whatever you and your daughter feel comfortable with

Most children love watching tv

You could always have a selection of toys - books - dolls whatever you have on the floor incase your daughter wants to play

Be yourself

Good luck hope it goes ok

berkschick
19-02-2008, 04:34 PM
My 2 boys were off on inset day when I had my ore-reg and Ella was here too. The TV was on the whole time! It wasnt mentioned at all.

sarah32
19-02-2008, 04:45 PM
same here, I had the tv on when they visited and it was mentioned because lazy town was on and they loved the programme, that it promotes healthy eating. :)

I did turn it off when my kids left the room to go and play. Didnt see the point in leaving it on.

sarah

chubbymummy
19-02-2008, 04:49 PM
when i had my pre reg and inspection i tried to do what i would normally do with the children. i even told the inspector that she should join in with some of the activities so the kids didn't see her as a stranger but a friend. the kids do what they usually do anyway so if you do have tv on alot then your dd will probably pester you to have it on.

all the best for your pre reg

Tily Bud
19-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I had my pre-reg visit on a very cold day in November when i was also having some building work done to the house :eek:

On arriving my inspector had to duck under the scaffolding to get to my front door then had to sit trapped in my living room alongside my dog and rabbit as the builders had taken over the kitchen and kept leaving the back door open so the dog couldnt go in there . When she walked into the kitchen she was confronted by 5 builders all having a brew and a fag !

Saying that it went really well xx also it was over 4 years ago and i think things may have changed a little since then :rolleyes:

sarah707
19-02-2008, 06:24 PM
I will never forget when the local nursery teacher came round to interview me with my 2... dd was nearly 3 and about to start, ds was 1 and I had 2 mindees in the house.

I'd sat them all in front of the telly while I was doing a manic clean round and she came in, sat down and said, in a really snotty voice... 'let's have that thing off then please...'

Let's just say that was the start of a not very good working relationship... :laughing:

ajs
19-02-2008, 06:27 PM
if you think your daughter will be better behaved and consequently you more relaxed then have the tele on she's your daughter after all you do what suits you

miffy
19-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Just wanted to wish you luck with your pre-reg visit

I'm sure you'll be fine

Miffy xx

Banana
19-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I put the telly on for Isabelle just to keep her quiet for a little while while she was here.

I dont think it really matters, as long as the meeting goes well that the important thing

GOOD LUCK!!

xxx

tinytigers
21-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi,

I think I would have the telly on when they come here too as well as toys for my little one to play with. A lot of the programmes that come on now are educational as well so I think its ok for short periods anyway.

miss muffit
21-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi I had the tv on when they visited with a childrens programme on, be a bit different if you were sat there watching something for yourself...god forbid!!!!
good luck :) :)