PDA

View Full Version : OMG Have I done the wrong thing?

grindal
17-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Ofsted phoned me at 3pm yesterday and arranged an inspection for today - cue a mega panic!!
This morning ofsted phoned and said she had a cold and what did i want her to do
I said as mindee, DS1, 2 and myself have colds at the mo she may as well turn up. However, am now worried that I have shown a total disregard to swine flu prevention :panic: :panic:
Just hoping for some reassurance

wendywu
17-07-2009, 08:00 AM
If she is working then it is just a cold. You would not turn a child away because they had a cold. :)

Dont panic i think you have done the right thing :thumbsup:

Just so long as she does not carted off to hospital mid inspection, or you will have to do the whole thing again:laughing:

PixiePetal
17-07-2009, 08:03 AM
colds and flu - swine or otherwise are quite different. Don't worry. Hope all goes well :)

grindal
17-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks for that Wendywu :idea: :idea:
I have to admit my initial reaction was that I could not go thru last night again - does not show vast regard for the welfare of the children I look after does it?

angeldelight
17-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Well if you are doing wrong then so is she ?!!

If she really thought she was going to put anyone at risk she would not have asked you but would have told you that she would have to cancel

Therefore I would not worry about it

At least this way you get it over and done with rather than waiting for another date

Good luck again

Angel xx

misst104
17-07-2009, 08:06 AM
I agree with the others on this. You haven't done anything wrong I don't think. Wishing you good luck for today. Hope it goes really well!!! :)

xxx jo

Mouse
17-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Just make sure you have lots of tissues & hand wash ready. Everytime the inspector coughs, sneezes or blows her nose make her go & throw her tissue away & wash her hands :laughing:

PixiePetal
17-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Just make sure you have lots of tissues & hand wash ready. Everytime the inspector coughs, sneezes or blows her nose make her go & throw her tissue away & wash her hands :laughing:

Open the door to her in a surgical mask!!!

wendywu
17-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Yes or put her in a completely seperate room and shout through to her :laughing:

Or better still tell her that she can do the inspection over the phone:laughing:

haribo
17-07-2009, 08:16 AM
dont think you did the wrong thing at all , not even ofsted would be sneaky enough to try and trick you like that :laughing: best to get it over , hope it goes really well --- hopefully she will be quick if everyones sneezing lol .

angeldelight
17-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Yes or put her in a completely seperate room and shout through to her :laughing:

Or better still tell her that she can do the inspection over the phone:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cs01
17-07-2009, 08:24 AM
I'd have done the same as you! Best to get the inspection over and done with!

Tatjana
17-07-2009, 08:28 AM
I agree you did the right thing.

Some funny replies :laughing: :laughing:

xx

grindal
17-07-2009, 08:57 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cant believe she is due in about 3 mins and I am sat here laughing at some of these replies!!
Thanks

Mouse
17-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Good luck!

Pipsqueak
17-07-2009, 09:06 AM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

ORKSIE
17-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Personally I would not let her in, I would conduct the whole inspection thru the letter box:D :laughing: