PDA

View Full Version : accredited

sweets
16-07-2009, 09:55 PM
does anyone know what involved in becoming accredited? and how long it takes? i heard that it different in different areas, just wondered if any ones done it

wellybelly
16-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Ive just been sent a letter by my LA asking if Im interested in becoming accredited.

Its all to do with how many government funded educational places are available in your local area for 3 and 4 year olds.

Childminders can offer this aswell as nurseries.

Contact your local authority childcare team. I believe you have to undertake training with your local children come first network and have to be assessed before being granted accreditation.

Its definatly worth looking into.

Good Luck x

singlewiththree
17-07-2009, 05:38 AM
Its different in every area. In my area we have to join the childminding network first which is like ofsted only a completely different sef form taking twice as long and then you have extra paperwork to be accredited. To join the network they come out and see you once every 8 weeks and also do unannounced visits.

Roseolivia
17-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Sorry we don't have a network here so can't become accredited.

ORKSIE
17-07-2009, 06:55 AM
My Network adviser helped me to become acreditted, took about a month prob less. Had to answer a questionairre, write up an activity I was going to do with children she came out and obs me doing that activity. Think that was it. Hope this helps.