PDA

View Full Version : Inclusion Policy

Jules12Wed
16-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I am filling in a form to claim a capital grant. I need to submit this form tomorrow. I need to attach to this form my inclusion policy, can someone tell me if this is the same as Equal Opportunities Policy???

Andrea08
16-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi I had an equal ops policy and was told i need an inclusion policy for my accreditation which by the way is tomorrow at 1pm,,

if my DO,, tells me what extra is needed ill pass it on or wait for the right post on ere as i usualy do lol

love andrea :p

The Juggler
17-07-2009, 05:44 PM
i can't see the difference! only things is we tend to concentrate on race, culture and disability maybe for equal opss whereas inclusion needs to be the way in which we ensure all children of all abilities can access our planning and learning opps through ensuring it appeals to their age, stage, interests and schemas and that they understand what is said to them regardless of stage of speech/understanding.

Essentially inclusion is offering equal opps to all children/parents though so can't really see how it is different?

sarah707
18-07-2009, 06:55 AM
If you want to write a specific inclusion policy for the purposes of the application, I would use the information in Principle 1.2 (on the Eyfs Principles into Practice cards).

Just take the best from that and make it into a 'I am an inclusive setting because I.... ' kind of document.

You could also add details of your accessibility audit if you have one... there's an excellent one on the first download from this list that you could use...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=access+audit+childminder&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=0&oq=access+audit+childmind

Good luck with your application :D