PDA

View Full Version : Inspection over and done with!

Moominmomma
16-07-2009, 03:56 PM
I've been waiting all week and the inspector finally came today.
She was very nice and liked my planning and EYFS leaning journal, she liked how I did lots of messy play and thought that my relationship with my mindee was fantastic since he's only been here a few months. And she said that considering I've only just started I'm doing well. My actions are to get a fire blanket and put a lock on my garage door.

But she only gave me a satisfactory! Can't help but feel disappointed, been a long exhausting week, and I've been very stressed! :(

Daddy Day Care
16-07-2009, 04:00 PM
I read lots of posts on here people saying they are dissapointed with satisfactory, when you really shouldnt be.

its the word satisfactory that doesnt make it sound so good, but your donig everytihng asked by you so your doing a great job dont feel down smile.

I've been told that in our area you can only get satisfactory on your first grading, dont know if thats true or not.

Smile, be happy, and just think 3 whole years befroe you have to go through it again

Gareth
xx

Trouble
16-07-2009, 04:23 PM
a fire inspector told us recently not to bother with them just get out

but i have one anyway

its over now and you are meeting the needs of eyfs so well done:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

huggableshelly
16-07-2009, 05:12 PM
yay well done ... satisfactory is great and your actions are pretty minor too so chin up especially as you gained some great feedback too.

sarah707
16-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Well done! :clapping:

LOOPYLISA
16-07-2009, 05:57 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

HomefromHome
16-07-2009, 06:04 PM
i got satisfactory on my first one too (due next May!!!!:eek: )
i was disappointed cos she came very late, hardly saw me interact wi the child who then had to have a sleep! i complained about her as i got good in everything else and felt that had she been on time, she would have had a differnet opinion. this was pre eyfs so wasnt as much paperwork!
satisfactory is good tho, allows you to work, and is something to aim for in your next inspection.
a lot of 1st inspections are satisfactory - you have to be very experienced (and organised!!) to get more first time round (just my opinion btw!!!!! gathered from minders i know).:)

charleyfarley
16-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping:

Carol xx

mrs c
16-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Well done. :clapping: :clapping:

emler
17-07-2009, 06:10 AM
well done :thumbsup:

angeldelight
17-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Be proud of yourself

Well done :clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
17-07-2009, 07:09 AM
a fire inspector told us recently not to bother with them just get out

but i have one anyway

its over now and you are meeting the needs of eyfs so well done:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Well done on your inspection

Fire Blankets are great for putting fires out on the stove or people - a must.

Why do you need a lock on your garage? Does it affect entrance to the house?

nannymcflea
20-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Well done:clapping:

littlepixies
24-07-2009, 01:50 PM
weldone!!! chin up you have only just started and trust me three years will fly by and its amazing howmuch you will learn and put in place!!!

Nikki's stars
24-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Well done :clapping: Don't be disappointed - you did well!!!

Nikki
xx