PDA

View Full Version : Poor mindee!

Mouse
16-07-2009, 02:54 PM
We were early out of nursery, so sat on the grass waiting for DD to come out of school.
I didn't realise my little mindee was sitting on an ants nest:eek: They were everywhere, all over her legs & feet. I had to quickly take her trousers off & shake them out while trying to knock ants off her legs (they'd gone up her trouser legs). She hadn't actually noticed them :rolleyes:

chewy sweets
16-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Oh Bless. Hope she wasn't stung badly!:(

Playmate
16-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Bless her, it must be the day for them, I had my conservatory door open, realised I had ants crawling into the house and when looked outside the door there was a massive nest just below the door way, consequently we had to shut the door and boil!!

It's a small world
16-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh no!!!!had
huge fear of mine...a few years ago we lived in a house that got infsted in ants in the kitchen. They were everywhere...cupboards floors walls even got into the kitchen and on the sofa..used to sit down in the evening and a number of ants would crawl....eeewwww just thinking about it makes me shudder.....got exterminator or whatever they're called out to get rid and seal door/wall as they were in the door frame as it had become rotten over the years (we were only in it for 3 years)...anyway get really paranoid now if i see an ant in the house :eek:

LOOPYLISA
16-07-2009, 04:37 PM
We are having probs with flys :panic:

We had 9 dopey ones behind the lounge blind yesterday :eek: :panic:

Roseolivia
16-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Hope she's ok

childmind04
16-07-2009, 05:31 PM
We are having probs with flys :panic:

We had 9 dopey ones behind the lounge blind yesterday :eek: :panic:

Do you have a cat that could have left a dead mouse or something? ours did a few years ago and had hid it under the bbq just outside of my backdoor, we had big blue bottles everywhere :panic: , they live off and hatch in dead things, my dh thought it was great when he found this dead black bird crawling with maggots, obviously some had hatched :eek:

sarah707
16-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Poor little one! That's the kind of thing that makes them frightened for life!

Hope she's ok! :D

childmind04
16-07-2009, 05:34 PM
poor thing, i was talking to parents at the car last night and looked at my feet and they were covered, the mum laughed at my reaction and said they were nothing compared to the red ants in India :panic:

mandy moo
16-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Been to my Nans funeral today, came back to find flying ants everywhere...yuk

Tatjana
16-07-2009, 05:52 PM
OOh I've been itching reading this thread!

xx

charleyfarley
16-07-2009, 06:02 PM
OOh I've been itching reading this thread!

xx

Me too:panic:

I hope she is ok

Carol xx

Mouse
16-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Luckily she was fine. I couldn't see any bites on her at all, but I did tell mum to keep a look out.

We turned it into a funny thing, so I'm hoping she won't be too terrified by it!