PDA

View Full Version : Short term contracts

Emmylou75
16-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm just starting out at the mo and a 2 potenial mindees for August but a mum from the school whom I know quite well would like me to have her daughter occassionally throughtout the hols....which is fine by me at the mo as I want to start slowly & the potential August mindees are only for 2 days a week. also this mum works from home and doesn't mind which day i have her daughter so she can catch up with some work, so she is really flexible. Do i fill in a short term contract for this child as it's just for 6 weeks?

thanks in advance for your replies
emma xx

FizzysFriends
16-07-2009, 02:28 PM
NCMA short term contracts only last 4 weeks I think. Personally I do a full contract but in the notes box under the hours I put as and when required and then the terms (must be booked in writing or text, places aren't confirmed until parent recieves a reply, once booked must be paid for even if cancelled etc).

This means if they want ad hoc care in future holidays you don't need to do any new paperwork. All my 'one offs' have used me more than first thought.

singlewiththree
17-07-2009, 06:53 AM
I do my own adhoc contract based on MM contracts as I have some that come and just fit in when I have spaces.