PDA

View Full Version : Parent text just after midnight!

TheBTeam
15-07-2009, 09:06 PM
to say that not to worry you don't need to have her child in the morning, she would take him to school herself!

This mum finished work for the summer hols last thursday and then went on holiday on her own on friday, returned tuesday and was wanting me to take and collect her child from school today (weds) and then when she decided she could be bothered to actually take him to school herself she let me know at 25 past midnight, and woke dh and i up!!!!!!!

I told her this morning exactly what dh called her, as it was him that came to turn my phone off (typical the one night i was distracted and hadn't turned it off).

This lad was due to finish with me on friday night (as he is going to a school that she works in from sept) (still me picking him up although she is on holiday) and today she asked if i could have him next tues morning.

:angry:

Deb
15-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Bless her - I get a tad narked when they text at all hours but tbh If I text I assume that if you dont want to be disturbed then you would have turned the phone off, perhaps she was expecting you to get it the following morning?

miss mopple
15-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I always ask my parents to text nomatter what the time is as Id rather know in the night than get up earlier than I need to in the morning

sweets
15-07-2009, 09:21 PM
I always ask my parents to text nomatter what the time is as Id rather know in the night than get up earlier than I need to in the morning

Me too! .....

angeldelight
15-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Personally I think it was really rude of her

Angel xx

emler
15-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I had a parent text me at 1am before and I was really annoyed. I wonder how parents would react if we decided to text them about changing plans late at night :rolleyes:

Mouse
15-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I would never dream of texting anyone at that time and would be furious if a parent texted me then.

Parents know they can contact me anytime after 6am, but never after 10pm (unless it was an absolute emergency).

MelBeck
15-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm with Miss Mopple
Any time is the best time as otherwise they forget( as I found out with a school run that I didn't have to do, as the teacher told me DB had gone home sick what a waste of an hour)
I also tell my parents that if they txt me I will txt them back(normally ok or no) so that way they know I have received it

It has worked up to now.

balloon
16-07-2009, 06:35 AM
I'd be angry too!

I leave my mobile on all night in case there is an emergency with my elderly mother. I don't expect anybody to text me past 9pm or before 7am

I have had late night texts before (11.30ish) and have replied in no uncertain terms that they have woken me and I don't appreciate it. Some people just don't think!

Chatterbox Childcare
16-07-2009, 06:48 AM
I would not of been happy either and my phone is always on.

Do you not want the work next week - slightly confused?

haribo
16-07-2009, 06:55 AM
i would be annoyed too -- after all did she only decide at that time what she was doing ? prob not but she didnt think to call earlier .. im never annoyed by texts in the night if its necessary but this mum should have let you know earlier in the evening :rolleyes:

georgie456
16-07-2009, 09:28 AM
That is very annoying - my phone is always on so I wouldn't have been best pleased!

HELEN10
16-07-2009, 09:30 AM
I would be annoyed too, it makes me mad when they text me at weekends too asking questions like, "are you back from your hols". if i wasn't available for work on the Monday morning i would have let them know!!!!

I have started not to answer now untill Mon morn, (that's if it needs a reply at all!) If they start to question it i am going to tell them that its my work mobile and i don't have it switched on outside work hours.......ha.

I am sure they would not want to be in contact with their work in their leisure time!!!!!