PDA

View Full Version : Summer minding on a credit crunch shoe string

Monkey1
15-07-2009, 06:42 PM
ok Ladies, ideas of how to entertain the troops for next to nothing.......or even better, absolutely nothing!
My biggest expense will be fuel for the car i guess. We will be using the town park loads and visiting the canal and Cosford a few times. I am planning on asking parents to provide a packed lunch for the kids on days out so it is one less thing for me to do.......and fork out for.

venus89
15-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I took some of my littlies to have lunch at the aerodrome the other day. It was totally free and we had the best time - I just took a really simple picnic and we got to see the planes take off, land, do stunts, saw a helicopter and some parachuting madmen too. Definately going back there in the holidays!

Tatjana
15-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Museums? Errm, usually parks do special fun summer days, well they do round here. You could organise your own carnival in your garden.

Hmm, can't think of much else just now.

xx

FizzysFriends
15-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Our childrens centres are doing lots of free activities over the holidays and they said I can take the older ones if pre-book.

Tatjana
15-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Our childrens centres are doing lots of free activities over the holidays and they said I can take the older ones if pre-book.

Our main one is closed for holidays:eek:

xx

FizzysFriends
15-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Our main one is closed for holidays:eek:

xx

Oh thats not good, I would have thought thats when they are needed most.

miss mopple
15-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Local libraries often do free stuff/ storytime and craft etc

Take them into the woods and build dens/ bug hunts etc

local park with fountains to play in

museums- ours do free craft drop ins

organise your own sports day

helenlc
15-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Our childrens centre is on and has a busy programme but is only open to under 5s - which is fine but I have one 3 yr old and then two 9 yr olds and an 11 yr old.

I am going to be doing the In The Zone activities which are organised by a local council and are all free. I am planning to do one biggish (expense wise) trip a week but the rest will be park, garden, library etc.

I was thinking of doing a trip to Gatwick - let the kids watch the planes etc. It will cost me a lot in parking tho!!!:laughing:

I have also applied for tickets for the kids to some TV shows being filmed in London so only train fare there.

I am working for the first 2 weeks, then 2 weeks off and then back for a couple of weeks.