PDA

View Full Version : Is it Just me or are they taking the mick!!

claire
15-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi all,
I have been looking after a mindee since september last year. while her mom trains at college for her NVQ in childcare. The course is coming to an end this week but she was due to start her next year september. She doesnt do school holidays so expect them to be off in the Holidays.
I have just come back from my Holidays for two weeks. Mom had time off to spend at home . Whilst I was away she met another childminder who is looking for an assistant and asked her to come for a interview and offered to take my child on too!!! This childminder knows me and knows the child from groups we attend!!! Since ive been back other childminders are now telling me she is going round insulting the way i childmind!!! Me who has just been given Outstanding from Ofsted her who has just been warned to stop doing something quite serious to her mindees or she will be stripped of her certificate!!! I am only 21 and have a four year old son she uses this to insult me . I think she is purely jealous and is completley out of order to offer to take my child. Is it me or am i being dramatic??? I am now looking for someone to fill her vacancy before I get the four weeks notice on my mat. But just think they are welcome to each other ! I have had a word with this childminder about the way she has been badmouthing my practice to other minders and not to me she denies all!!!

sarah707
15-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Sounds like you need to have a chat with the other childminder and the mum and get things properly sorted so you can move on.

I wouldn't want to work with her any more if she's treating me like that anyway!

Congratulations on your outstanding :clapping:

Pipsqueak
15-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Well done on your outstanding:clapping: and I am afraid that people who shine and do well are going to be subject to nasty petty jealousy. :angry:

As Sarah suggests a chat with the parent and other minder may nip it in the bud

chewy sweets
15-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Oh there are some nasty people out there!:angry:
To be honest i'd try and fill the vacancy like you said. At least that way you can think good ridance and as you said they're welcome to eachother!
Congrats on the outstanding :thumbsup:

angeldelight
15-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Well done on your outstanding Claire

I would have to speak to them both together I think to find out just what is being said

Or I would move on and leave them to it

Good luck with replacing the little one

Angel xx

Tatjana
15-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh no, you poor thing, they both sound awful:panic:

Well done for confronting her:thumbsup:

And an even bigger well done on your outstanding grading!!:clapping:

xx

wendywu
15-07-2009, 08:23 PM
I would make sure the mum knows what the other minder was warned about. But i would still replace the mindee. They both sound horrid.:angry: