PDA

View Full Version : Prospective Parents visits

Pudding Girl
19-02-2008, 03:09 PM
When a prospective parent comes to visit you, what exactly do you do?! What kind of questions do parents ask?
How much detail do you go into at a first "interview"?
How long should a good visit last?
If you have no children with you at that time, do you get out stuff anyway?

sarah707
19-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Parents will want to know what you are going to do with their child, who will be around when their child is there and where they will sleep / what they will eat etc.

Go through all that, show them round, have a chat, show them your paperwork and try and have an interact with the child... It's not about being all proper and formal, it's about someone trusting you to look after their baby...

I have had half hour visits, one lasted 2 hours... I had to ask her to leave she was set in for the night! And she was wasting my time! :rolleyes:

Good luck! :D

Polly2
19-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Hiya!

Same as Sarah really - I have found every visit different. I give parents as much detail as they want.

Just be open and friendly and yourself, and pay the children lots of attention too.

Do you have any mindees at the minute?

Pudding Girl
19-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Nope this'll be my first visit eeek!!

I thought I would be fine, had it all planned out months ago but my mind has just gone blank now, been waiting to get started for soooo looonnngggggg

berkschick
19-02-2008, 04:33 PM
All my visits have lasted around an hour.

We have a bit of chit chat to start with , I offer them a cuppa, then move on to the minding chat.

I give them my certificate folder to look at and my policy brochure. While they look through this I play with their child/ren and ask general questions about sleep, eating, etc habits.

Then I show them around the house, explain where there children will sleep, eat, etc. Go over what activities I offer, try and sell myself a bit!

Then I answer any questions they have and generally try and ask how they want to take it from here without sounding too forcefull!

I always make sure Im point out my certificate, insurance, first aid, etc on the hall wall and I always tell them to call me if they have any questions etc.

angeldelight
19-02-2008, 04:34 PM
I agree with everyone else

Angel xx

Pudding Girl
19-02-2008, 04:51 PM
lol@ being forceful - see this is something I was thinking about, how to say let me know asap, without sounding desperate LOL

shame I am away for 3 days from tomorrow and won't have net access, could have worked on a few things that probably need updating or polishing grr, busy weekend for me then!

sarah707
19-02-2008, 06:59 PM
lol@ being forceful - see this is something I was thinking about, how to say let me know asap, without sounding desperate LOL

shame I am away for 3 days from tomorrow and won't have net access, could have worked on a few things that probably need updating or polishing grr, busy weekend for me then!

Dee tells people she will hold the place open until xxx day and can they please let her know before then, depending on what they say about how urgent it is timing wise for them.

This is the best idea I had heard for some time and I will def do it next time I have a visit. At least then you're not left wondering :D

Pudding Girl
19-02-2008, 07:06 PM
oooh what a great idea, I'll be nicking that one ta :)

ruby
19-02-2008, 07:39 PM
good idea thank you
will definite do that next time

cathy

Banana
19-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I always ask to hear from them within 3 days. I tell them the place is being held and will not be offered to anyone else but due to how busy I am I cannot garauntee the space being open for long

good luck:D

xx