PDA

View Full Version : CRB Checks

shelly03
15-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi can anybody share their experiences on how long CRB Checks have taken. That is all im waiting for now and getting anxious to get started because i have 1 child lined up. Obviously i cant set it in stone to mum and dont want her to go elsewhere. Do you think I will have them by September.:idea:

chewy sweets
15-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I know it varies on the area that you live. Mine took 2 weeks so they can be done that quickly. But i know people who have waited months:angry:
There is a section on the crb website where you can check the performance of the police force in your area. I have to say it's very accurate as it stated 90% of the crb done with my local police force were completed in 14 days and mine was!
Hope it's not too long fo you:thumbsup:

Emmylou75
15-07-2009, 02:28 PM
My husband's took 6 weeks and mine took 10 weeks!!!! CRB checks in Wales are done before the pre reg visit so I didnt really start putting feelers out until inspector had been as I knew it wouldn't be too long after her visit that I would be regisitered. It's such a pain waiting for them!!

Hope it doesn't take too long!!!

Emma x

It's a small world
15-07-2009, 03:04 PM
mine took 5 weeks....so did my friends..northamptonshire

Tatjana
15-07-2009, 07:15 PM
I think it depends on where you live, here in London there's a terrible backlog and long wait. Mine was done in 5 weeks, my hubbys 4 months and a friend of mine has just waited 6 months!!!

Good luck!

xx

daniellemummy
15-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm not totally sure on dates...but I THINK our CRBs were back in certainly under a month (?) I think the entire process from me receiving the letter from Ofsted saying they had received my application to receiving my registration certificate took 9 or 10 weeks so not bad

For me it was the Social Services checks which held things up but Ofsted did chase them up for me to get things moving.

Hope your CRBs come back really quickly (checking them online is addictive isn't it!!)

x