PDA

View Full Version : Jack in the box

aly
15-07-2009, 08:12 AM
What would you do?

My daughter has a jack in a box, and now my mindee has said he doesnt like them...mum said the same when dropped off.

Would you keep it hidden until mindee goes or would you keep it out?

wendywu
15-07-2009, 08:16 AM
If she loves it i would put it away anyway, to keep it safe as toys tend to get broken all the time.:)

PixiePetal
15-07-2009, 08:55 AM
I had this situation and just put it away while I was minding. Not really a big deal, DD didn't mind. Mindee freaked out.

Did get to the point of leaving it in view but not played with, eyed with suspicion by child but no longer freaked out.

aly
15-07-2009, 09:02 AM
I had this situation and just put it away while I was minding. Not really a big deal, DD didn't mind. Mindee freaked out.

Did get to the point of leaving it in view but not played with, eyed with suspicion by child but no longer freaked out.

TBH I've left it on the sofa now and nothing has been said. It's an old toy so not like I must keep it away..although I would from the older boys as they tend to break things.

MissTinkerbell
15-07-2009, 10:37 AM
I had this problem too but sligtly different. My mum and dad bought my twins battery powered small quad bikes for their birthdays last year. I started minding last Sep and mindee freaked when she heard the noise that they made when my 2 were riding them around the house/garden - IMO they didn't make a loud noise.

At first I thought that she would get used to the noise but she just kept freaking out. So we had to put them upstairs out of the way.

This then caused major tantrums with my 2, who at 30 months couldn't understand why they couldn't play with their bikes.

We got the bikes down again last week (mindee now 30 months herself) and she still freaked out but my 2 were not going to let them go back upstairs as they've had almost 9 months of not being able to play with them when they have wanted too.

Even when out in the garden (my compromise) mindee still told me to "put them away". My 2 have them out in the garden, but are not allowed them in the house. I decided that whilst mindee's feelings have to be taken into account I cannot deprive my own children of playing with their toys when they want too.

Its very difficult when something your own children love, freaks out other children that you care for - who's needs do you put first?

wendywu
15-07-2009, 11:34 AM
So if my mindees had a problem with my DH i could stop him coming in the house. Now theres an idea. :laughing:

aly
15-07-2009, 12:11 PM
So if my mindees had a problem with my DH i could stop him coming in the house. Now theres an idea. :laughing:

:laughing::laughing: thats a good thing to remember ;)

angeldelight
15-07-2009, 07:32 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: