PDA

View Full Version : swine flu question

miss muffit
15-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Hello just wanted your veiws please

If you had a mindees parent with swine flu would you still have the child or expect it to stay at home with parent?

thanks

Mollymop
15-07-2009, 08:31 AM
I am not sure what I would do until it happens, something to think about though, isn't it

Hebs
15-07-2009, 08:38 AM
yes i would

child already exposed and in turn exposed us

at least you'd know and be able to get treatment quickly if you caught it too :thumbsup:

ajs
15-07-2009, 08:47 AM
i excluded a child last week as dad had it but this week mum has it and they have brought her.
i am not particularly happy but i am resigned to the fact that we are going to catch it sooner or later so may as well get it over before my holiday.

Rubybubbles
15-07-2009, 08:49 AM
yes

It's not the child that has it so against my p&p, but would contact the doctors to see what they advise

My children have been exposed (not by my choice I may add) to chicken pox and at 7 and 4 still not had it, you just don't know

MissTinkerbell
15-07-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm not really sure - whilst I would rather none of my family caught it by then would probably been exposed to it. Would probably consult one of my mums who is a nurse for advice and then follow that.

We have 5 confirmed cases here and a friend of mine and her daughter have unconfirmed cases so I guess its not too much longer before its rife around here anyway.

aly
15-07-2009, 09:23 AM
yes

It's not the child that has it so against my p&p, but would contact the doctors to see what they advise

My children have been exposed (not by my choice I may add) to chicken pox and at 7 and 4 still not had it, you just don't know

mine are also 7 & 4 and have been exposed but still not had it.....could be carriers instead :idea:

Not sure about the swine flu...would probably NOT have them, but like was said before until in that situation you wouldnt know

Pauline
15-07-2009, 10:10 AM
you might get more response in the swine flu section, so I will move it there. :)

Chatterbox Childcare
15-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I said no I wouldn't have the child because like any flu the child would be ill and I am not prepared to stay at home and they should have "mum"

I wouldn't exclude because of swine flu but because of flu (not cold)

Hebs
15-07-2009, 10:22 AM
I said no I wouldn't have the child because like any flu the child would be ill and I am not prepared to stay at home and they should have "mum"

I wouldn't exclude because of swine flu but because of flu (not cold)

so would you have them if it was mild and they weren't "can't lift your head off the pillow" kinda ill???

Blaze
15-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Well my family has been put under quarantine for 7 days (to be reviewed)...I am healthy as is my son, but we are still under quarantine.

flora
15-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Well my family has been put under quarantine for 7 days (to be reviewed)...I am healthy as is my son, but we are still under quarantine.

i think where you live depends ont he advice you are given.

we were told 5 days, but the kids can still go to school/ playschool ????

i would accept them in as long as they were ok :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
15-07-2009, 01:28 PM
mine are also 7 & 4 and have been exposed but still not had it.....could be carriers instead :idea:

Not sure about the swine flu...would probably NOT have them, but like was said before until in that situation you wouldnt know

I think it's all the childminding haha made them strong against everything:laughing:

How you feeling flora?

Mrs.L.C
15-07-2009, 01:57 PM
The child may be fine and not be carrying the virus but if they come to you and parents come into your house then you are putting your chances up each time you have them - I personly would want to avoid getting it as if I did I would certainly not be able to work therefore will lose money and put other parents out. Other parents may also find it a concern if you had a child in your care whos parent have the virus as you are also putting their child at a higher risk

I thought the advise that was being given was, if any family member had swine flu, the whole family should stay in to try and prevent it spreading further