PDA

View Full Version : quality start

daniellemummy
14-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Hello everyone

I am newly registered (certificate arrived today, hurrah!!:laughing: )

...I was wondering if anyone could help me on an insurance question?

I get a grant in my area which buys the quality start (think that is it's name!) pack from NCMA and sent off forms this afternoon

my question is - how long (if doing it via a local authority grant) does it take for you to get your insurance etc through?

thanks guys x

sarah707
15-07-2009, 06:44 AM
I think it depends on the length of a piece of string.

Best ring Ncma and check how long they are taking nowadays.

If there's a rush, you could ask them to hurry it up or maybe borrow some paperwork from a friend while yours comes through.

Good luck! :D

Elaine Brown
25-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi

I registered last year and got the quality start grant. Your insurance usually kicks in when your first mindee starts, I was told by my childminder co-ordinator who dealt with all the quality grants to just ring her and NCMA when I knew the date of my first starter and they will sort the insurance from that date. I did this and they got it all sorted straight away for me. Think I rang them when knew the date and then nearer the time to double check all was okay and then the certificate came through. Think this is right although not been childminding long, so others might know different!

Daddy Day Care
25-07-2009, 06:25 PM
No idea on how long it takes just wnated to say congrats on getting your certificate :D

Gareth
xx