PDA

View Full Version : worried about my DD

mumof1
14-07-2009, 10:11 PM
I may be just an over worried parent here, but im so worried abt my daughter, abt a week ago she got a cough and had abit of temperture, so i rang doctor to check with him as she has asthma, and was worried incase she had chest infection, he just told me to give her a cough bottle. But anyway she still has abit of a cough, but temperture is back to normal, and also my OH hasnt been well aswell, he has the same sort of thing.

Cant ring our doctor as over here in belfast its the 12 july holidays and are all closed until tomorrow.

This may sound really silly, but could it be swine flu or the start of it?. There arent many cases over here in northern ireland, im just so worried for them. My OH thinks im nuts:o

O and by the way my daughter is only 6 years old. And i think i started panicking after hearing abt the 6 year old in england dying:(

so sorry for such a long post

Pipsqueak
14-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Don't apoligise forasking a question, especially one as important as your daughter.

Do you have NHS direct or can you get on the site

www.nhs.uk

its has a symptom checker and information on there.

Hope your daughter feels better soon

angeldelight
14-07-2009, 10:17 PM
I do not think you are being silly Kelly

If you are worried you are being a caring mom that is all

It sounds good though that your daughters temperature has gone down now

I think you need to remain calm and check on your daughter again how is she feeling in herself?

Does she seem better than she did this time yesterday or worse ?

It is hard to stay calm I know because some of my family have had it too and one was very poorly but almost everyone does recover so try not to think about the little girl that died

How is your daughter now ?

Angel xx

angeldelight
14-07-2009, 10:18 PM
I must point out that although NHS direct are very good they have a backlog of calls at the moment and in some areas there is a 3 to 4 hour back log

I would most def check their website though

Let us know how she is

Angel xx

mumof1
14-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Thank you pipsqueak for the link.

She seems herself, which makes me think im worrying over nothing, its that cough that she has and my OH has aswell is wat is worrying me. But first think tomorrow morning im ringing the doctor, i just want to put my mind a ease.

angeldelight
14-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Thank you pipsqueak for the link.

She seems herself, which makes me think im worrying over nothing, its that cough that she has and my OH has aswell is wat is worrying me. But first think tomorrow morning im ringing the doctor, i just want to put my mind a ease.

Good idea

Keep us posted how they both get well soon

Angel xx

mumof1
14-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks angel for your advice, i would be lost without this gr8 site :)