PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about this Swine Flu!

Tippy Toes
14-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Just wondering how you are all feeling about this swine flu?

Im really worried! :panic: I have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old and just stressing out all the time! Especially after that poor 6 yr old girl died from it. They say its targeting children more than anyone else.:panic:

My daughter has a bad cold and is really not herself (but no temp) and Im the same. I just keep thinking - is this it?

Anyone out there feeling the same? Worried??? :o

Spangles
14-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm concerned about it although I'm not panicking as yet!

My friends are all concerned about it too.

I heard on the news earlier that some of the main groups at risk are children under 5, people with asthma and pregnant women so that information didn't make me feel any better!

I am worried about having a newborn in September with this hanging around but I try not to worry too much.

Pipsqueak
14-07-2009, 09:42 PM
If I am being honest I am not that worried -flu is flu and I know this is a new strain and therefore unpredictable and I know its quite a nasty one at that but I think the media has managed to get everyone hyped up (again) and just the name 'swine' is getting everyone in a tizzy.

Every year there is a flu attack and it kills people - its just that it happens during the winter when we expect it too.

Most people will be ok, although real proper flu is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. I worry about people like my mum who has respiritory problems and a host of other health problems too though.

Can I just point out (and I don't mean to offend or upset anyone - just my sense of humour) - Man Flu is the worst type of flu!!!:)

Rach30
14-07-2009, 09:43 PM
NO not at all , the media is hyping it all up of course. Lots of people die of regular flu every year. Yes i know this is a lot more ......can;t think of the word .....erm more peolpe will get it cos we haven't a resistance to it yet. Most illnesses target the young , old and infirm as they have a less established immune system. Theres not much we can do anyway apart from be vigilant with hygiene routines. Washing hands when we come back home from anywhere is my new one. We cant all stay inside can we ? i think we need to get a bit of perspective really. :)

angeldelight
14-07-2009, 09:47 PM
I think you need to stay calm but it is easy to get worried about it

My 2 daughter in laws have had it and my grandson who is 10mths and he was poorly but he is getting better now

Hope you are ok I know it is a worry when you have little ones but try not to think about it because you will just stress yourself out

Angel xx

Tippy Toes
14-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I think you need to stay calm but it is easy to get worried about it

My 2 daughter in laws have had it and my grandson who is 10mths and he was poorly but he is getting better now

Hope you are ok I know it is a worry when you have little ones but try not to think about it because you will just stress yourself out

Angel xx

Thanks Angel. Your words have helped me to feel a little more calm.

It is hard not to worry when you have young children to think about, but like many have said there is not a lot we can do except be vigilant with cleanliness and hygiene routines.

Glad to hear your grandson is on the mend xx Hope they are all fully recovered asap x

Blaze
14-07-2009, 10:04 PM
I just wanted to say that Grace has it(9 months...ten months this week), as does FW & Charlotte (9 years)...I am waiting for Joseph to go down with it too...They are all ashmatic & have other health issues...it's not nice at all...but TBH when Joseph got gastroenteritis & lost a 1/3 of his body weight over a 36 hour period...it was much more scarey. I am worried for my Mum ...she has lung issues & pneomonia twice...both times nearly died) & my nephew is 4 years had pneumonia as a baby...but hopefully they will be fine (in someways I think you stand better chance of getting neccessary treatment if you do have other health issues)... I think it's being really hyped in the media. It's an unfortunate fact that by this time next year the majority of us will have had it & most of us will be fine...there will be some that die & that's awful to think about, but millions die in the UK every year from raod accidents/cancer etc...you just need to be vigilant, take precautions without going over the top & keep it all in perspective.

angeldelight
14-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks Angel. Your words have helped me to feel a little more calm.

It is hard not to worry when you have young children to think about, but like many have said there is not a lot we can do except be vigilant with cleanliness and hygiene routines.

Glad to hear your grandson is on the mend xx Hope they are all fully recovered asap x

Also meant to say that my daughter in law who had it well her son my other grandson was with her every day he is 10 mths and hes only got one kidney so he was at a very high risk and so was his mom she has lots of high risk issues
Daughter in law is ok now although she was very ill for 3 weeks but little Lewis did not get it

Angel xx