PDA

View Full Version : choosing childminding name

Helen79
14-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I trying to choose a name for my childminding so I've googled all the names I like but they're already used.

I have noticed that a lot of names are used by lots of different cm or nurseries ,so is it ok to use a name that someone already uses but as long as they're not near me?

I don't want to copy anyone's name but am struggling to find one that isn't already used.

How did you choose your name?

mum26
14-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi,

When choosing my name I did research local area to make sure no other childminders were using this name. I then produced lots of leaflets and advertising in this name and also a website. However, recently another childminder who lives very close to me has started using the same name as well - which has already confused one prospective parent!

It's a bit of a sore point with me at the moment as you can imagine, although I realise I have no copyright over this business name and therefore there isn't much I can do about it.

I suppose if I chose a business name again I would try to choose something more unique or personal to me; although I know lots of childminders who do have 'popular' business names with no difficulties.

Good luck in choosing.