PDA

View Full Version : Just high temp. but do you exclude?

vix84
14-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi, the mindee today felt really hot after tea time but was fine, I was just about to take his temp. when mum turned up but we could clearly feel he was boiling so we didnt do it - she said at work there were notices that people had it and last night she had flushes.

So when do you exclude? He could just be fighting something else?

Im quite worried about my son getting it as he is just a year and has already had anti-biotics twice because a cold went to his chest:panic:

Mrs.L.C
14-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Normaly I would probably say see how he goes but I would be tempted to be extra cautious atm esp with swine flu going about and ask parents to keep them at home tomorrow if they still seem to have a temp even if they are ok in themselves

angeldelight
14-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I would give her a call and ask how he is this evening before I decide

If he is ok and comes to you tomorrow at any signs of anything even high temp I would send him straight home

Let us know what she says

Angel xx

Minstrel
14-07-2009, 06:00 PM
The high temp is the main clue for swine flu and people are ebing advised to phone GP not go there for advice.

Hope he feels better soon. :thumbsup:

tilly50
14-07-2009, 06:03 PM
I had similar yesterday, mindee developed Temp (was already sneezing badly and had snotty nose) asked mum to keep at home today, she was fine with that, just heard that mindee has no temp at all today so I am allowing back tomorrow. It's difficult isn't it, in the current situation, you don't want to overreast but you are also aware that you have other children to consider (whether it is your own or mindees).

vix84
14-07-2009, 06:04 PM
She did say that if he is at all unwell or up in the night she wont send him in - they are usually very good about it etc.
I just sent a txt saying 'Hope x is well tonight, but could you not send in x tommorow if he still has a temperature after calpol has worn off, as a precautionary measure. I didnt think you would do anyway, but I have been reading up on childminding policies and flu - but hope to see x in the morning'

If my son had of had normal colds without getting so poorly I really wouldnt be worrying, but if anything ever happened to him because I didnt take precautions with mindee's who's parents have it at work - then I would always blame myself for not asking for them to keep them off for a day just to see if more symtoms developed.

angeldelight
14-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Sounds like your parent will be sensible then which is a good thing

Hope the little one is ok

Angel xx

vix84
14-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Sounds like your parent will be sensible then which is a good thing

Hope the little one is ok

Angel xx

Yeah, they are great.
He hadnt got any other symtpoms - apart from not eating much really, but he played happily, although he was cuddly to mum.
Its scary when you think about the young ones getting it, fingers crossed he has got it, and has it mildly - then they dont have to worry about him getting it. And fingers crossed we get it mildly, or not at all