PDA

View Full Version : what if a parent keeps thier child off?

Tired
14-07-2009, 12:10 PM
I drop off and collect from a school that has a few cases of swine flu. I felt I should tell parents of pre-schoolers, as their children go in and out of school with me every day.

One of the families is fine with it, other wants to keep their child at home.

Should I still charge them? I know my policy is to, but if they don't feel their child is safe here, dont I have a moral responsibility to not charge?

what do you think?

cs01
14-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Could you maybe compromise and charge 1/2 fees?

Mouse
14-07-2009, 12:22 PM
I would still charge. There's really very little point in not sending the children to you. There is so much flu about at the moment that you are not putting them at any greater risk by taking them into school. This could go on for some time yet - are they going to keep the children off indefinitely? You would lose a lot of money then if they did.

I have told parents that my usual payment policy will apply. If I'm ill & have to close there will be no fee, but other than that they will have to pay. My service will be available, but if they chose not to use it then that's up to them.

balloon
14-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I have told parents that my usual payment policy will apply. If I'm ill & have to close there will be no fee, but other than that they will have to pay. My service will be available, but if they chose not to use it then that's up to them.

This is what I've done too

rickysmiths
14-07-2009, 12:42 PM
It is their choice to keep the child at home, the school is not closed. They should pay full fee.