PDA

View Full Version : advice... early years capital grant

littlepixies
14-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey guys.... i need some advice as i for some reason have not heard of this early years capital grant until now!!

I have phoned local early years in croydon... but what a suprise not in office till monday and to phone back ( which i will)

So can any one here advise me on this grant? how to get it? what you get? and any other useful info1!!!! thanks

Sarahbelle
14-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey guys.... i need some advice as i for some reason have not heard of this early years capital grant until now!!

I have phoned local early years in croydon... but what a suprise not in office till monday and to phone back ( which i will)

So can any one here advise me on this grant? how to get it? what you get? and any other useful info1!!!! thanks

You get sent a letter, so I am told. You can't apply for it until you receive your letter. And it is being staggered. In this area, the third wave of letters has been received, but I haven't had mine yet. Don't know how they are working it out either, it is not done alphabetically or on the basis of how long you have been minding.

The Juggler
14-07-2009, 12:43 PM
sutton not letting us have any individually, they are buying a library of resources you can borrow. Shame in Merton you can apply for up to £3K worth of stuff.

sarah707
14-07-2009, 05:21 PM
It depends on where you live - we are not getting a share of it in Cheshire.

If you are eligible they will write to you :D

littlepixies
16-07-2009, 07:41 AM
hi ya, spoke to early years last night to be told all childminders in borough were sent a letter last year about the ICT package which included a lap top, digital camera and printer with few other bits..... everyone was asked to apply buy december and they are just sorting it all out now as just over 100 childminders replied....
I didnt get one of these letters but she inisists i have to wait now till next time around :( Im gutted really am!!!

Straws
16-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I applied for my grant and have got £2500 in ICT, and over £5000 in toys, I,m really excited as new toys are arriving next week, Stoke is one of the few in the country to have given childminders grants for equipment and buildings, I can't wait to see the childrens faces when it arrives :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Straws

miffy
16-07-2009, 10:59 AM
hi ya, spoke to early years last night to be told all childminders in borough were sent a letter last year about the ICT package which included a lap top, digital camera and printer with few other bits..... everyone was asked to apply buy december and they are just sorting it all out now as just over 100 childminders replied....
I didnt get one of these letters but she inisists i have to wait now till next time around :( Im gutted really am!!!

Put a complaint in writing and see if that prompts them to reconsider.

Miffy xx

miffy
16-07-2009, 11:00 AM
I applied for my grant and have got £2500 in ICT, and over £5000 in toys, I,m really excited as new toys are arriving next week, Stoke is one of the few in the country to have given childminders grants for equipment and buildings, I can't wait to see the childrens faces when it arrives :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Straws

You are very lucky!

We've been told we may get around £500 each but some areas of the country aren't getting anything

Miffy xx

powerwomen
16-07-2009, 09:38 PM
It depends on where you live - we are not getting a share of it in Cheshire.

If you are eligible they will write to you :D

We are not getting it in Bromley either, we dont even get start up grants!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :(

Jules12Wed
16-07-2009, 09:46 PM
We're getting it/ Our forms have to be in by tomorrow which is why I am busy writing an inclusion policy cos we have to hand it in with forms.

I am putting in for blinds for my conservatory, awning for garden, removal of patio doors and frame and replace with double doors, VSmile learning system, memory card for digital camera, USB stick and digital photo frame. Have to wait to see what I get but no limit I don't think it even includes extensions!!!!

Chimps Childminding
16-07-2009, 09:51 PM
We can apply round here, but it has to be for a mimimum of £2,500. I think it would make much more sense to give each childminder a set sum (say £500) so that more people could benefit! Have put my application in, but to be honest didn't find it that easy to spend that much, without replacing things for the sake of it!!!! Not sure when we hear if we have been successful!

sweets
16-07-2009, 09:52 PM
i could easily spend £2500! lol

Chimps Childminding
16-07-2009, 10:22 PM
i could easily spend £2500! lol

Thats what I thought, but couldn't believe how hard it was!!!!! without buying new computers etc. to replace perfectly good ones!!

ORKSIE
16-07-2009, 11:02 PM
So far have got patio doors so that children can come and go into the garden as they please, has been fantastic, because before it was 1 out all out, where now, they can choose to come and go as they please:thumbsup:

jess
17-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Anyone else from oxfordshire? I`d never heard of this before, would be nice to know if we can get anything?