PDA

View Full Version : how many mindees?

daniellemummy
13-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Hello everyone

I have a quick question and wasn't sure where to post it....sorry if this is not the right place or if it has been asked lots already

...but just wondering....how many mindees you each have on your busiest days? -

I've got two sets of parents wanting me to start in August (currently awaiting for certificate which Ofsted say is in post!! :clapping: )

There would be one three year old and two other children before / after schools (to the same school)

the parents know each other - what advice would anyone give.....do I have enough time to do settling in / contracts for an august start??!! - is this a nornal amount for a newbie like me?

....have all policys in place but do I have enough time re sorting out insurance / settling in?

(fits in with my ofsted numbers including my own little one but just wondering what everyone else thinks?)

...sorry for long and rather random post, but this forum is always so helpful!

thanks in advance! xxx

margimum
14-07-2009, 06:03 AM
The ages of these children mean they wouln't really need settling in so go for it! I don't do schoolies but have 4 under 5's each day(I have a variation). Some c.m on this forum seem to have dozens of mindees at one time or another.
Just jump in with both feet and enjoy!:)
About parents knowing each other... just be open and fair with both sets and be very aware of confidentiality issues!!

haribo
14-07-2009, 09:20 AM
sounds perfect . :clapping: good luck x

Tippy Toes
14-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I would go for it! You have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

I am a newchildminder and on some days I have a 3 month old an 8 month old and my 18 month old daugher, on other days I have 2 8 month olds and my 18 month old daughter.

In the school hols I will have the above plus my 3yr old son.

Its challenging but so rewarding!! :)

The Juggler
15-07-2009, 11:39 AM
I have 8 one day but only between 3.15 and 1700 then numbers go down before and after this with 3 lo's during day and then 3 going home at 1700.

2 little ones, two 5, two 10, two 7