PDA

View Full Version : co minding??

tracyg
13-07-2009, 06:40 PM
me and another childminder have been co-minding for a family
we took them on together as neither of us had the spaces to do it by ourselves as its for 4 children, also regarding school runs worked out better this way.
anyone mum is currently divorcing dad and its getting very messy, social services involved etc and now mum has said dad doesnt want them to be split up (term time we keep them together but school holidays normally have 2 each,mum was happy with this)
so now the other childminder is having them instead of us sharing, i havent really had a say in this, bearing in mind she will still need me for school runs due to spaces in car....how would you feel about this?

im feeling pretty peeved and think as we took them on together if we cant have them together then not at all or am i being selfish (bearing in mind money wise this works out £300 pw)

your views are welcome.....

tinkerbelle
13-07-2009, 06:48 PM
personally i would not be bringing them home if they were not with me anymore
i can see where the parent is coming from wanting to keep them together but how can the other minder suddenly fit them in place wise if she could not before

Rubybubbles
13-07-2009, 06:50 PM
sorry but if your not been paid to have the children in your care, you could not drive them anyway surely?

Minstrel
13-07-2009, 07:02 PM
No way - i would fill those vacancies sharpish so you don't have the room in the car for them!

FizzysFriends
13-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I would say you would drive them home from school but charge them full after school rate as it would be stopping you taking on another child.

singlewiththree
13-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Cant you still both have them separately but meet up every day?

Its a tricky situation.

tracyg
13-07-2009, 07:33 PM
lol glad im thinking the same! thought i was being abit selfish
the thing is she gets around it by giving me her 2 sons to have for the school run as our children go to same school and the other 4 go to another school, this was what we decided would work out ok so we could take them on (bear in mind shes getting paid on school run im not) but didnt mind as much before as when it was my turn to have them after school she would help me get them home to my house but now i dont see why i should go out of my way to help!

she is one of these people that like to ask for favours alot! lol, now i dont mind helping but if she is getting paid and im not then why should i?? (sound like a spoilt cow now lol!)

Tatjana
13-07-2009, 07:51 PM
She wants you to do the school run for her children for free whilst she gets paid for the mindees school run...is this right?

I'd tell her where to go:angry:

xx

nannymcflea
13-07-2009, 08:39 PM
As someone else said, fill those spaces asap, sorry ,you are not a charity and your "friend" should not treat you as such, would she do the same for you?

Speak to the headteacher and see if you can get your name mentioned in the newsletter or get a t-shirt with a big "REGISTERED CHILDMINDER" on the back and go and stand where you cn be seen.

good luck and hope you fill the spaces soon.

Chimps Childminding
14-07-2009, 05:30 PM
She wants you to do the school run for her children for free whilst she gets paid for the mindees school run...is this right?

I'd tell her where to go:angry:

xx

Same here!!!!!! or suggest she pays you for taking her children to school as you don't have room in the car to take on anyone else!!!!!!!:angry:

her8y
14-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Sounds like you are being taken advantage of to me!

Chatterbox Childcare
14-07-2009, 08:57 PM
I would speak to the childminder and mum and explain the predicament that you cannot afford to hold the spaces for them just in the term time.

If she isn't willing to share the hols I would advertise and fill the spaces and then the problem is hers.

CCJD
15-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Cake and eating it springs to mind. Your friend can't have it both ways. She has taken a very "business " like decision to have all these children - disregarding any friendship issues with you. And that's fine - she is after all running a business and as an opportunity to earn more money has arisen, she has taken it. She has set the tone and you must follow. She cannot use 2 of your after school spaces for free. Either she pays you an after school rate ( I do flat rates for pure school drop offs) or her children cannot go with you- whether you have filled your spaces or not.
Business is business - she chose that not you so don't feel guilty for not helping her out.
Good luck.

Rubybubbles
15-07-2009, 08:55 AM
lol glad im thinking the same! thought i was being abit selfish
the thing is she gets around it by giving me her 2 sons to have for the school run as our children go to same school and the other 4 go to another school, this was what we decided would work out ok so we could take them on (bear in mind shes getting paid on school run im not) but didnt mind as much before as when it was my turn to have them after school she would help me get them home to my house but now i dont see why i should go out of my way to help!

she is one of these people that like to ask for favours alot! lol, now i dont mind helping but if she is getting paid and im not then why should i?? (sound like a spoilt cow now lol!)

sorry but if she is taking on the children alone then this can no longer carry on!

fill your car with mindies:D sorry you can't take her children anymore as not as pre-arranged anymore

PixiePetal
15-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Cake and eating it springs to mind. Your friend can't have it both ways. She has taken a very "business " like decision to have all these children - disregarding any friendship issues with you. And that's fine - she is after all running a business and as an opportunity to earn more money has arisen, she has taken it. She has set the tone and you must follow. She cannot use 2 of your after school spaces for free. Either she pays you an after school rate ( I do flat rates for pure school drop offs) or her children cannot go with you- whether you have filled your spaces or not.
Business is business - she chose that not you so don't feel guilty for not helping her out.
Good luck.

Totally agree. fill those spaces or charge her for school drop off