PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps I should have done my planning sooner....

venus89
13-07-2009, 05:06 PM
A teacher at my kids school is suspected of having swine flu and tbh I'm in a bit of a flap. The flu itself isn't what's bothering me - it's what to do paperwork wise.

As the school is remaining open my kids will continues to go. I will not be closing. If parents decide to keep their child off (as if they would when I'm open) then can I still charge them?

I need to share my emergency plan with them but what is it (beyond my usual emergency plan)? I mean, if a child in my care comes down with it we all will - it's not an emergency.

Anybody who can shed some light on this for me would be my best friend forever!

Pipsqueak
13-07-2009, 05:08 PM
There are some swine flu policies floating around teh forum - if you use the search facility it should bring them up.

venus89
13-07-2009, 05:09 PM
There are some swine flu policies floating around teh forum - if you use the search facility it should bring them up.

I love you! x

Chatterbox Childcare
13-07-2009, 05:10 PM
If it is down to child illness then she would have to pay I am afraid and I will give parents the option if I am open if they want to come or not.

Pipsqueak
13-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I love you! x

lol - reciprocated xxxx

the way I see it - if I am open and parents choose not to send - then they pay.
I have added into my policy that if I have to close because it is advised by certain bodies (ie Ofsted, Environmental Health, Council, Doctor, NCMA blah blah) then I expect to be paid as this is unavoidable. I think I would probably just charge half rate though - just to be nice and kin

If I had to close because of m illness or own family then I wouldn't charge