PDA

View Full Version : please read... can any one help?

littlepixies
19-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey guys.... right i am running the race for life to raise money for cancer, i am running in memory of my mum who died just 3 years ago now. she had secondary bone cancer and in the space of 3 months it went from being diagnosed to spreading to her brain, lungs, liver, womb, lymphnoids. I was only 21 and i had just had my first daughter who was nearly one. It was such a traumatic time but with help frm my partner and friends i pulled through after she past away. I miss her dearly and it hurts so much to think how she would have been with my 2 little ones inher life.
Any way i would like a sponsor or people to sponsor me, its a 5k run in crystal palace park, my mother in law and two sister inlaws are also doing it so i will have some company!!! Any one know of a sponsor?? or would liekt o sponsor me?? I have written to ncma as i thought the could sponsor me and i could wear a logo t shirt to advertise there support.

Thank guys
Louisa

fionamal
19-02-2008, 12:28 PM
I too do this every year. I just collect sponsors from family and friends. Alllot of my family have either died or suffering from cancer so its very close to my heart aswell.

angeldelight
19-02-2008, 12:30 PM
I would ask family and friends if I were you

Maybe you could email some of the business people in your area or big stores

Sometimes they will do it - its worth a try anyway

Good luck and well done for doing this

Angel xx

jaz
19-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi, I did this for the first time last year, in a thunder storm - nice!!

When I signed up, it let me create a web page and from there I could email people to ask for sponsors and they could donate online, which made it alot easier than having to go round and collect the money afterwards.

Good luck for your run, when is it?

J
x