PDA

View Full Version : Tantrums

Polly2
13-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi all

I mind a 16mth lo who has just started having tantrums. Its nothing I can't deal with but thought I would ask you lovely people if you have any tips that I haven't thought of.

At the mo I am distracting if I can, otherwise I leave lo in middle of room where he can't hurt himself or others while he is kicking, screaming etc

We have lots of cuddles after.

Today though he ran into other room and banged his head against the wall which did worry me. I gave him a firm cuddle until he calmed down and informed mum who was great about it. (she is totally on board and we are dealing with lo the same way)

Is there any thing else I can do to help lo through this stage?
Thanks all x

Pipsqueak
13-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Avoidance techniques - are there any flash points - being tired, hungry, when you say no??? Be ready with an immediate distraction for flash points.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things already - its a phase as I am sure you know

ooh just thought - lots of padding everywhere, earplugs, cupboard under the stairs (for you ) :laughing:

Polly2
13-07-2009, 05:57 PM
ha ha thanks pip :laughing:

Its always when I say no...usually when he is trying to post toys into the video player!

He has just started walking and had a paddy for mum when she wanted to go one way and he wanted to go the other !!

He is definately testing the boundarys fun eh :rolleyes: