PDA

View Full Version : Reciepts for parents

Rach30
19-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi , Just wondering if anyone can help.....

I know doing reciepts for the payments we recieve from parents is a good idea as it is proof that they have paid and we have recieved it . BUT do we have to HAVE to have a copy of the recipet for our accounts as proof of our earnings ? i only ask cos i have got behind with giving out recipets and wondering if i can just start afresh or need to do the back log of ones.

Hopscotch
19-02-2008, 11:57 AM
I use an invoice pad, as it was a pain to have to keep typing up invoices every time, i use the pad below as it does a carbon copy and i give one copy to the parents and i keep a copy for myself to go into my accounts.
http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=%2C&webid=invtrip&affixedcode=WW
Bev X:)

sarah707
19-02-2008, 12:01 PM
I don't use receipts... I just make a note on my attendance registers when the month has been paid and ask parents to sign to say the hours are right and what they have paid for... :D

crazybones
19-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I stopped giving invoices because parents asked me not to bother. I have just included a note in my latest newsletter telling them that from 1st April I will be implementing them again. Once they have been signed they can do what they want with the copy as long as they dont chuck it in my front garden. I dont have any proof of payments for the last couple of years for cash payments only for childcare vouchers. I am a bit rubbish with money just hope no-one ever checks.

Annie x

Rach30
19-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks for that , think i'll just start afresh . Have got really behind with the accounts so trying to catch up . I always make sure the invoices are done and i get paid so the impotant bit gets done :laughing:

Blaze
20-02-2008, 11:49 AM
I use the NCMA receipt book...but will be using a normal version from the local stationers come April!
Tasha:)

Cammie Doodle
20-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I just use a duplicating book from W H smiths or Woolies. One to Parents and the carbon copy goes in with all my receipts for annual accounts. :thumbsup:

Annie_T
27-02-2008, 09:55 AM
ive brought a duplicate book, that way you both got copys..

hello kitty
27-02-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't usually give receipts but have on occasions scrawled "payment received" on the bottom of their invoice if they bring it with their payment. Think I will get a receipt book for future use as it looks more professional or even design my own!!

Sarah :)

LittleMissSparkles
27-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I use the NCMA receipt book...but will be using a normal version from the local stationers come April!
Tasha:)

me too Tasha get sick of completing it everytime theres too much info on them x

oakie dokie
27-02-2008, 11:43 AM
i have only given reciepts for parent who needs them for their proof of payment for ctc, my other payments go straight in to bank.

hazelx

Spangles
27-02-2008, 12:43 PM
I made up my own receipts but didn't keep copies, just typed it in a log but I didn't like doing that so I bought a small carbon duplicate book from Wilkinsons to use instead and it's much better for me.

I think it's good to have copies of them, stopped me getting muddled!

miffy
27-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Most of my payments now go straight into my bank account so I don't give or keep receipts - other parents have said they do not want them

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
27-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I use a duplicate book too, you can sometimes pick them up in Pound shops!

Tily Bud
27-02-2008, 08:29 PM
i have only given reciepts for parent who needs them for their proof of payment for ctc, my other payments go straight in to bank.

hazelx

Me too x I suppose I should fill in the bit in the attendance register though :eek: