PDA

View Full Version : emergency childminder

It's a small world
13-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi

Could anyone tell me how do I find an emergency childminder? I have a friend who is at the final stages of her registration but come across a few problems and so wondered what I would do if she is unable to help?

nikki13
13-07-2009, 11:27 AM
just ask another local childminder its very rare that we have to use are emergency carer i am a emergency for 6 other minders. hope they dont all call me at once:laughing: lol

singlewiththree
13-07-2009, 11:54 AM
When I first started I just had my mum (was a childminder for 13yrs but not now) and my sister who has a cRB. As I got to know other childminders then I asked them and now I have 2 childminders who I can ask first.

loocyloo
13-07-2009, 01:24 PM
i have 2 other minders as emergency carers, plus my assistant ( who is also my neighbour! ) and then, i have a very good friend too! (i look after her son whilst she works from home, and she knows all the children!)

all my parents have a list of these emergency carers, and their contact details!

but should something happen and no one was available, i would call all the other childminders i know! luckily, there are quite alot of us around!

x

mrs c
13-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I have two other childminders I can ask - as we spend time together with the children its not like leaving children with someone unfamiliar in an emergency.

margimum
13-07-2009, 01:32 PM
You could try at your local childrens centre, they may have a list or the childcare information service 0800 2436346. Does your friend have anyone she can recommend?