PDA

View Full Version : minding number question

elainerut
13-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Just a quick question when ofsted tell u what numbers you can mind as i can have 3 under 5 does that include my own son who is 18 months

Thanks in advance for help

TheBTeam
13-07-2009, 10:49 AM
You can have the number that you certificate tells you, plus your own son. It is normally only given that you can have 3 under 5 including any of your own children that are in that age group.

If you have an 18month old it is likely that your certificate will say 2 under 5, of which 1 can be under 1.

HTH

singlewiththree
13-07-2009, 11:00 AM
My certificate says 4 under 8 years of which 1 can be under 1.

I have 3 children of my own 4,2 and 8yrs old.
The 8 yr old isn't included
The 4 & 2 yr old are included which is why it says 4 children in addition to mine.

Your certificate (if you have been granted the maximum) should say 5 under 8 years of which 1 can be under 1.

PixiePetal
13-07-2009, 11:03 AM
My certificate says 4 under 8 years of which 1 can be under 1.

I have 3 children of my own 4,2 and 8yrs old.
The 8 yr old isn't included
The 4 & 2 yr old are included which is why it says 4 children in addition to mine.

Your certificate (if you have been granted the maximum) should say 5 under 8 years of which 1 can be under 1.

Mine says same, my 2 are older now and 4 is enough for me ! :D

The Juggler
13-07-2009, 12:15 PM
You can have the number that you certificate tells you, plus your own son. It is normally only given that you can have 3 under 5 including any of your own children that are in that age group.

If you have an 18month old it is likely that your certificate will say 2 under 5, of which 1 can be under 1.

HTH

be careful, I know a minder who had her certificate say 3 under 5's even though she had 2 of her own under 5. She kept ringing to check but they said it was OK. then she had inspection and failed to get her outstanding because of this issue, even though it was ofsted at fault. This was really unfair. She managed to get round it with an assistant now so she didn't need to let families down but ofsted have been known to do certificates wrong.

If certificate permits you to go over normal numbers without a variation request I would ring and insist to speak to a visiting inspector to check not just one of the helpline people.