PDA

View Full Version : Did i do the right thing - another swine flu story

Rainy
13-07-2009, 10:29 AM
On Friday we had a letter from my son's school saying they had a case of swine flu. The school is not closing and i have sent him in as normal.

This morning i dropped mindee at nursery and was told they too have a case. I still let mindee go but did inform his mum (who also works in a shcool). She was fine about me sending him and just said lets hope we can all stay healthy until the end of term

Would you have let mindee go or should i have kept him at home with me ?

I just think we can catch it anywhere so there's no point in trying to avoid it now.

I will obviously let other mindee's parents know and keep an eye out for any symptoms in the children

singlewiththree
13-07-2009, 10:34 AM
I would let mindee go like you did. You have informed the mum and she was fine about it. Like you said we can't avoid it really.

aly
13-07-2009, 10:42 AM
yep :thumbsup:
we have it in our school, like yours not closing.

you informed mum and she was ok.

youarewhatyoueat
13-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Yes weve also got it both my childrens schools and there are only 50 children at the one and my sons playgroup and my after school mindee has it and now one of my parents who is a school teacher has been taken ill!!!!

Hebs
13-07-2009, 04:41 PM
yes i would have,

we have it in both my kids schools, and today in my son's school 60 kids were kept away due to swine flu but you could see most of them out shopping so still at risk :rolleyes:

in my sons school there are 1 teacher 2 nursery and 2 main school kids affected

angeldelight
14-07-2009, 06:35 PM
yes i would have,

we have it in both my kids schools, and today in my son's school 60 kids were kept away due to swine flu but you could see most of them out shopping so still at risk :rolleyes:

in my sons school there are 1 teacher 2 nursery and 2 main school kids affected

Yeah thats the thing

Most of the schools that do close the kids are out and about anyway

Angel xx

Kelly
14-07-2009, 07:15 PM
I would have done the same thing, my sons school has sent home a letter today saying they have a couple of 'suspected cases' hope my lo doesn't get it before the holidays!!

Rach30
14-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah you definately did the right thing and i would have done exactly the same :thumbsup: